Recent content by Erik Nygaard

1. E

Looking for Playtesters

Have you checked that there is a supply point present in the location where the Allied replacement units appear? In teh last version these were gone and I am unable to disband these units and therefore lacking a number of replacements. Erik
  2. E

TOAW III Scenario Editor BETA

I do not need any batch functions, there are too many exceptions in the OOB to go for an overall battalion size. I have used a XML editor for exchanging all equipment in all my WWII-scenarios to Brian Wilson's WWII-equipemtn database using the F4/F5 import/export functions. But I would...
  3. E

TOAW III Scenario Editor BETA

I see you've used my M-G scenario in the screenshot :) I plan to do a 'ligh't version of this scenario using battalions as the base unit instead of the current companies. If the beta version will allow me to adjust the no of equipment in each unit, change unit size and delete surplus units...
  4. E

Expanded WWII Equipment Database

Nice. I am replacing the equipment files in all my WWII-scenarios with Brian's database so all additions to his original WWII database is a good thing IMO. I would like to have Brian approve the changes though to make it 'official'. Erik
  5. E

Looking for Playtesters

With a scenario as interesting and challenging as Stefan's Anzio you do not mind restarting after the first 50 turns four or five times :)
  6. E

Modding Classic TOAW Scenarios

The 'PBEM only' is probably due to Marc using Theatre Options wich the PO/Elmer do not take. Or there may be house-rules. If you're brave you can add events to the TOs that active them say a random 50% (and without Victory Point costs to help Elmer a bit). Remember to check subsequent events...
  7. E

Sub design

I've used modified guerilla units for subs in several of my TOAW scenarios. Here's a Matrix forum link where the sub discussion is about halfway down the page. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1403648&mpage=4&key= Erik
  8. E

Scenario update

That's correct about the Danish, a % change they may surrender. When the Norwegians lose their King the Allies get a negative shock for a few turns.
  9. E

Scenario update

Update for Weserübung uploaded to this site. Changes 3.2: New ship equipment with multiple ranges where applicable, added submarines. House rule submarines: 1) Subs may only attack enemy vessels that are adjacent at the start of the turn. 2) Surface vessels must attack revealed subs...
  10. E

Objective Tracks?

You can set up 3 different objective tracks pr formation. Wich track gets used may be set up using events, ie use objective track 1,2 or 3. All formations will then use either 1,2 or 3. If you do not set up events to govern this the default track 1 will be used. Be aware that if you use the...
  11. E

A bridge too far 44 Telumar vs. Nemo

Corrected the place names. In my defence, my sources had gotten them wrong. As a Norwegian I frequently see our own names spelled wrong, ie British/Americans like to spell out great composer's name Greig instead of Grieg.
  12. E

Scenario updates and a new one

I just got an old SPI boardgame on the subject. Let me do a few changes to the scenario and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks Erik
  13. E

Scenario updates and a new one

I've posted updates and a new scenario on the Russoa-Japanese war 1904-05. Double Eagle-Rising Sun-1904 v 1.2 Here is a new scenario dealing with the Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905. This was in several ways the first modern war introducing concepts later seen in WW1 (trench warfare,machine...
  14. E

New Player Guide

This is very nice. A question on artillery support. I've read that putting artillery on defense uses up supply faster than tactical reserve when supporting units?
  15. E

Some newbie questions

1) You can set Theatre Recon level(s) in the event editor based on turn number or other trigers. 2) Tactical reserve can also be used for other units (especially just behind defending units), they may then jump into battle if things goes bad for the defenders. Local reserve works similar, but...