Recent content by ericblick

1. E

Should Out-of-Print Scenarios be freely available?

Oh you simplistic nard. Please don't assume anything beyond my words. I think that medical care for EVERYONE is something desireable. If it was available ALL kids with debilitating conditions would be taken care of and they wouldn't need to be exceptional writers. Shame on you for pulling the...
  2. E

Please don't hurt my feelings, Mr. Wise, I can feel tears welling up. And put it back in your pants. I'm not impressed. Bless your heart... Steve
  3. E

Wrong, Mr Wise (isn't irony delicious?) I am in all likelihood much older than 99% of the people on this list, with a real life just like you Can't imagine paring down what you think is vital to you and yours, eh? I think you may eventually be enlightened on what is critical to living a happy...
  4. E

Interesting digression into copyright, patent and inheritance. I vote for passing on the rights at creator's death. If this means that the incentive to create goes away as the grim reaper approaches, well, I would suggest that the creation is merely a $ making act and not worth the effort. The...
  5. E

Improving Game Availability.

Okay, disagree with the guy. But can't you do better than emulating Bart Simpson? Psst... It's a war game, for crying out loud. Not war. Keep it in your pants... Steve
  6. E

Improving Game Availability.

Okay, disagree with the guy. But can't you do better than emulating Bart Simpson? Psst... It's a war game, for crying out loud. Not war. Keep it in your pants... Steve
  7. E

ASLML manners and the Spuddies

Time to put this puppy to rest. Les, you are absolutely correct. You should not be abused for posting your opinion. Absolutely. That you were is indicative that some people are clueless, or heartless, or oblivious to what is funny or appropriate in a public forum. And it is likely that some...
  8. E

Yeah, Les, I agree that it IS tragic anytime human beings reach the point that they end up dying for unnecessary or delusional reasons. ANY human being suffers the same pain, EVEN the enemy. (Remarkable how many vets of both sides have that epiphany while still on the field of battle). But...
  9. E

I am shocked and dismayed that the world is such a morass of discord and hostility. Apparently I have suffered some form of head injury as it has completely escaped my notice that all the ASLML listers are scum. Including me! Hmm, I have been divorced, maybe my ex was right... By golly, I...
  10. E

I am way too lately a returning ASL player to comment directly on the old flame wars but I have read enough to note that they are no different than what happens on any virtual forum. Absent the social controls that govern personal interaction in the "real" world (glaring looks, immediate...
  11. E

ASL Mailing List - Back online

Has anyone recieved an ASML digest since it's been back up? I've recieved zip. Thanks, Steve Blickens
  12. E

What games did you play way back when....

Hmmm, a memory test... Panzerblitz Anzio Wellington's Victory Panzergruppe Guderian Alexander Napoleon at Bay (w/ Arcola and Hundred Days Battle) Napoleon at Leipzig Storm Over Arnhem Hell's Highway White Death (GDW - great game!) Squad Leader The Crusades Bar-Lev Jerusalem Burma Panzerkrieg...
  13. E

ASL Starter Kit Shipping Info

I got mine today and it looks good from a physical point of view - here it comes- BUT the graphic quality of the boards is somewhat disappointing. Back in the day SL and ASL mapboards were pretty special in as much as the artwork did a pretty nice tightrope dance of clarity and artistic...
  14. E

Storage boxes

Counter Storage Just a head's up: Cabela's is having a buy six, get two free special on 3701's. I just bought 8 and it cost me under $33 including shipping. That's slightly over $4 each, delivered. Can't beat that with a stick Steve The link...
  15. E

Storage boxes

Cabela's carries them: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0018586&navAction=jump&navCount=1&indexId=&parentId=&parentType=&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fpod-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=search Decent price too. Steve