Recent content by EJ1

1. EJ1

Wall/hedge - different treatment of LOS and TEM?

Hi JR, given the missing bit is not intended as a break, how about the opposite, when the hedge/wall extends a bit beyond the vertex? If the LOS crosses the bit that extends beyond the vertex, is the LOS blocked? Cheers
  2. EJ1

Infantry CC vs. AFV and PAATCs

No.....PerryMMP
  3. EJ1

A10.5 and A15.1 - Routing and HoB

Trying! At first the captain was calling for them to stay where they were. But, no, they ran towards him and into the street, where, interdicted, they went fanatic. The captain couldn’t believe what he saw. Now he’s yelling, “Well, don’t stay there!” Fortunately, their MPh is coming up...
  4. EJ1

A10.5 and A15.1 - Routing and HoB

Hi all, A broken unit entered open ground and was interdicted. The ensuing MC resulted in HoB-Fanatic. May this fanatic unit now continue moving as it has intended during its rout to reach the adjacent woods or must it end its rout in its current, open hex? Thanks
  5. EJ1

Placing single OB-designated "?" during setup

A12.11 “...If a scenario allocates a number of "?" available for setup at the start of the scenario, those "?" can be placed atop each other to act as Dummies—thus giving the mistaken impression of a stack of real counters beneath a "?" but a single such counter cannot be placed beneath...
  6. EJ1

Thanks JR, Is your explanation dependent on my opponent and I both setting up on board, or does it change if I set up on board while my opponent sets up completely off board? Cheers
  7. EJ1

Firing Smoke into a building with a Concealed Unit ?

Thanks. My Saturday starts with good news.
  8. EJ1

Hi all, if I follow correctly, is this acceptable? I have been playing that a dummy counter requires a dummy counter immediately above it, followed maybe with units, and if the units above are concealed, then the whole stack topped with a concealment counter, for a total of three “?” counters...
  9. EJ1

Firing Smoke into a building with a Concealed Unit ?

Hi, if the hex in front is open, without units, or other DRM, wouldn’t the attacker incur a +2 TH DRM for K under Area Fire C.4? If so, +2 for firing at concealed vs. +2 for Area Fire nets out?
  10. EJ1

Deploying units at setup — A2.9

Yep, makes sense. Thanks
  11. EJ1

Deploying units at setup — A2.9

A2.9 reads, “Up to 10% (FRU) of the squads that set up on-board...may be freely Deployed...” My order of battle includes ten squads and one half squad. How many squads may I deploy? If the half squad is half of one squad, then don’t I have 10.5 squads, round up, and I may deploy two squads...
  12. EJ1

C9.3, A4.41, A7.25 Mortars, Moving Spotters, and Opportunity Fire

Hi Aaron, the question that might be submitted would come from post #6, Binchois' post. Cheers
  13. EJ1

OK, I'll work on a Q&A, and maybe offer a draft before submitting. Cheers
  14. EJ1

My rule-of-thumb to help estimate LOS

Hi all, Always looking for ways to improve my game, and I've enjoyed reading the articles and posts about lines of sight (LOS) on our flat, two-dimensional grid, especially when they dive into the geometry. Yet, while playing, I need quick and easy. Perhaps not strictly a "Rules" topic, and I...
  15. EJ1

Paul’s dive into formal logic is great! Ok, I still want to OF the mortar, move my spotter to a new hex, and AFPh the mortar with spotter’s help at a new hex - not the target the mortar team used to satisfy its OF. Allowed? If so, with what DRM? Cheers