Recent content by Ed Donoghue

1. Ed Donoghue

Books: What are you currently reading?

Currently reading two books. THE PANZER KILLERS BY Danisl P. Bolger re. the 3rd Armored Division and General Maurice Rose. is pretty good. The other one is ROCK FORCE by Kevin Maurer, dealing with the 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment and it's 1945 drop onto Corregidor. Interesting read.
  2. Ed Donoghue

Sniper #s for Journal scenarios

Not sure why, but I could not find them on the scenario cards. I found them this morning, and thanks. Getting old is a bitch
  3. Ed Donoghue

Sniper #s for Journal scenarios

Is there a listing of SA #s for Journal scenarios?
  4. Ed Donoghue

Greetings

Well Black Falcon you landed in the best place you could have. Welcome aboard. Familiarize yourself with Vassal, play with folks all over the world.
  5. Ed Donoghue

CyberVASL XVI

Pablo Garcia and I will play AP164 SPARROW FORCE. His Aussies will attack my Japanese.
  6. Ed Donoghue

CyberVASL XVI

Maurizio Grassi and I will play BFP-101 PANZER SPIRIT. His SS will defend against my Russians.
  7. Ed Donoghue

Hello Pablo. We are in the same Group in Sergio's Tournament. I sent you an email the day I...

Hello Pablo. We are in the same Group in Sergio's Tournament. I sent you an email the day I received the Group notice from Sergio & have not heard back from you yet. I will send you 4 scenario to pick one for us to play. This is my first cyber tournament. Can you be reached on skype...
  8. Ed Donoghue

CyberVASLXVI just sent an email re. playing in the CyberVASL tournament

CyberVASLXVI just sent an email re. playing in the CyberVASL tournament
  9. Ed Donoghue

ROAR?

Yep, seems to be working just fine now. Thanks
  10. Ed Donoghue

New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome, you made a great choice to grow into ASL. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I cannot imagine any place where there in more ASL knowledge and experience. Have fun.
  11. Ed Donoghue

ROAR?

Thank you for response & report
  12. Ed Donoghue

ROAR?

I cannot Record a New Playing in ROAR. Been trying for a couple days. Anyone else having a problem?
  13. Ed Donoghue

May friendly dummy stacks move through friendly HIP fortifications

Thanks for fast response & the great answer. I think from now on when the scenario involves mines, my opponent & I will discuss the FOW aspect & HR at some level.
  14. Ed Donoghue

Absolutely correct, and the reason I suggested not a freebee but only an even or 2/3 chance of safe passage, with dr modifications based on unit skill and/or visibility levels
  15. Ed Donoghue

IDK, I would think that a friendly unit, including a dummy stack, would have at least a chance of crossing a minefield safely. Like 50% or 67%, a dr (maybe with mods for elite, lax, night, etc)?