Recent content by EagleIV

1. EagleIV

mines and MP expenditure

Neither minefields nor residual FP attack an unit entering the location more than once regardless of the number of MP/MF spent entering the location. Minefields will attack again (usually) when the unit exits the location. Residual FP can in specific situations attack again if more MF/MP are...
  2. EagleIV

Another canister question

BS does apply with canister since there is no TH DR and it is not MG/IFE fire. Fred
  3. EagleIV

Concealment & CC

1 correct. 2. They keep concealment. 3A Since the Germans are concealed they announce that the will (or will not attack) before any attacks are announced, not all units have to do the same thing. Any units that announce that they will attack lose concealment at this time (before attacks are...
  4. EagleIV

Canister vs all occupants per A7.4

Canister will affect friendly units in the targeted locations (and because of the way the dice gods work are more likely to die.)
  5. EagleIV

2 questions

Since you have an alternate Hex Grain HW you can only step sideways if you enter an enemy unit location which would prevent you from entering another location. You are entering the woods, not the bamboo so you only pay 2MF. The (not so) little bit of bamboo in Z20 doesn't matter for this. It...
  6. EagleIV

Passenger on an abandoned vehicle

Did they forget the MG? I don't see why they can't, although they want to consider entering it as a crew.
  7. EagleIV

More Dummy Fun

You missed an important point. OP given concealment can ONLY be placed in concealment terrain when setting up. It doesn't matter if it is used to conceal real units or make dummies, if your opponent sets up on map or not (or has already set up on the map). See A12.12
  8. EagleIV

Rout questions

Generally I would agree with JR, however depending on the morale of the units the squad may not have to take the LLMC, and while I can't come up with the details right now it might be possible for the leader to be eliminated for failure to rout while the squad could rout.
  9. EagleIV

Senior moment (another one)...

When you reposition your sniper you can move both of them, but they must be at least 15 hexes apart (or as far apart as possible per CG8) as well as meeting the other placement requirements.
  10. EagleIV

CC leader creation (again!)

While a hero shares the status (CX, etc.) of the MMC that it came from I don't see anything that says the same for a leader so I would say the leader is not Berserk.
  11. EagleIV

Question on hinderances

As I understand it W16 is +4 for smoke (+3 +1 for firing out of smoke), X15 and Y15 are +2 smoke +1 orchard so the net effect is +4 smoke, +1 orchard (and -1 hero). Fred
  12. EagleIV

A25.223 Becoming Berserk & Timing.

You need to resolve the effects of the attack before determining if a unit goes Berserk. See A15.41 "When a leader goes berserk, he must (after first resolving any fire attack vs other targets in that Location) attempt to change any ... other friendly units ... in the same Location to berserk...
  13. EagleIV

Pre reg and cloaking counters

Don't forget that per C1.6 if the concealed/cloaked units are not in concealment terrain they are considered Known to the Observer if in LOS of the Observer.
  14. EagleIV

Berserk Movement

I would think they would move together for 6MF. If the one squad can then still continue charging (i.e. they are not in an enemy location), they would spend the rest of their 8MF. Fred
  15. EagleIV

Moving After Breaking and Then Getting HOB

In the first case the Berserk unit will charge normally. In the second case the unit may continue moving (assuming it still has MF). In both cases the unit has already used some (or maybe all) of its movement before breaking which will limit its movement at this time.