Recent content by DWPetros

1. DWPetros

Charlie Kibler GoFundMe

Anyone interested: Silent Auction: I have four (4) original hand-painted geoboards (no grid - just the background art); 32, 46, 69, 70 - that I would sell and donate entire proceeds to Charlie's fund. Might be a nice addition to an ASL cave? PM me if interested.
  2. DWPetros

Charlie Kibler GoFundMe

Hang in there, Charlie!
  3. DWPetros

Mounted or SK style boards : what do you think is the better?

Much appreciated - I was a fan of that method (painting) also. Yea, I painted several geoboards in the 44-70 range and have designed some after that. Prior to B44 it was Charlie (after board 4, I think), and since being given my pink slip and hanging up my paintbrushes, Charlie resumed the...
  4. DWPetros

Mounted or SK style boards : what do you think is the better?

From a personal view, I lost my painting job once MMP went digital with their SK boards. Sniff... However, I've recovered and now like the SK boards as a player - I like their green color uniformity mainly, though I really only like the artwork on them once Charlie K. started to do them...
  5. DWPetros

Your 5 Favorite HASL Maps

Thanks! The final map will be a doozy. Charlie took my Ver. 1 painted map, digitized and expanded it to include another 20 x 40 hexes on the south end. It's really nice. There are a couple of final tweaks needed, but the map is otherwise good to go and the rules/scenarios are with MMP...
  6. DWPetros

I've always thought - these ASL maps are first: functional gameboards that need to follow the rules and not be questionable in terms of LOS, type, etc.. To the extent that can be rendered at the highest level of artistic quality, the better. Much can - and should - be done in the second...
  7. DWPetros

Thanks guys. Personally, I'd like to share the map and have no interest in making money on it. I see this as a community thing. That said, I need to make sure that MMP's interests are kept and my relationship, past and present, works well with them as I'd like to do more work with them (which...
  8. DWPetros

Thanks, Top. I'm a bit leary about sending or selling stuff that MMP has published, even though I did the artwork. I do appreciate the comments.
  9. DWPetros

I'd like to share it somehow - just not sure how. Basically, I took a paper copy of the published map, then using paint, pimped the whole thing out with more definition for Debris, Gutted buildings - interior shadows, building shadows, Rubble, etc.. And I enlarged it on a standard printer...
  10. DWPetros

I'd say: Red Barricades (hand-painted version) Slaughter at Ponyri (you need to see this one - C.K. did the final artwork which is great) Festung Budapest Hatten Valor of the Guards (see my 'pimped out'* personal version below. The original version and it's printing was not so great IMO, so I...
  11. DWPetros

Overlays to get more use from seldom-used boards?

Thanks, Tom! Nice rendition here. Would be nice if MMP produced a series of larger, rectangular, easy to place OL's. As someone long ago famously said 'I got a million of em!'
  12. DWPetros

Overlays to get more use from seldom-used boards?

City Board 51 accepts the long Stream OL #1. That is exactly what the board was designed for.
  13. DWPetros

Ponyri scenario suggestions?

Enjoyed the heck out of it Scott! I did the math on our die rolls - I discovered that my 4 average beat your 10 average... who knew that would happen? And thanks to Matt Z. for his scenario - 'Expelled' - in the upcoming Ponyri HASL - I think it will be a fun one if the dice rolls are balanced!
  14. DWPetros

Never trust Scott to tell you where to drop your rockets.. I know this ground like the back of my hand - so bring your lunch!
  15. DWPetros

Great book - Objective Ponyri. In fact, the only book on the shelves that covers Ponyri in the kind of detail we need for scenarios. It is literally chock full of scenario materials for not only Ponyri, but for the surrounding areas (which in the future will be good HSASL subjects; Hill 253.5...