Recent content by dwardzala

1. D

Game Reviewers are Lazy

I certainly agree that more information is better, but even when I've read multiple reviews on a game that leads me to believe its good, I am disappointed more often than not.
  2. D

Game Reviewers are Lazy

Its a shame that generally all I have to go on is reviews in deciding which games to purchase (demo's aside because many are either decontented or time constrained such that I don't feel confident that I have the total picture of the game). Game purchases for me are pretty much a crap shoot...
  3. D

Game Reviewers are Lazy

Well said. The problem I run into with game reviews is that the reviewer's definition of deep strategic game play and my definition don't usually match. I suspose it has to do with the fact that most gamers agree on what looks/sounds cool, but there are broad differences of opinion on what...
  4. D

Game Reviewers are Lazy

Reviewers, in my experience, do not value the same things a game that I find important. Many are dazzled by the eye candy, cool explosions and sound effects - which are nice, but what I am really interested in is deep strategic game play. Now, granted, an FPS or MMO is not my cup of tea (maybe...
  5. D

Sox and Yanks

Aren't you short a couple of bases and have one too many batters?
  6. D

Question on Slopes, Hedges and Elevation Changes

A question on the LOS affects of hedge/walls, slopes and elevation changes: On the Stoumont Map does a unit in X28 which is upslope to U30 have LOS to U30 even though there is a hedge on the V29/W29 hexside? (I think yes as hedges are only a half-level obstacle, but upslope is 3/4 level...
  7. D

What Movie Did This line Come From Trivia

Howabout this one: "You got the f'ing Duke?!"
  8. D

Would that be "Wild at Heart?"
  9. D

I can't quite recall the name of the movie, but I think it was one where Nicolas Cage was her ex-con boyfriend.
  10. D

Yippee Kiyay! Mother*******! :smoke:
  11. D

How about this one? "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs. Now I know what a f***ing TV dinner feels like"
  12. D

Intensive Fire in Defensive Fire

Situation has come up in a game of mine (HI Jim): Panther fires MA in Defensive Fire Phase (not MPh) and is marked with a Final Fire marker. Said panther wants to rotate his turret and fire MA on another target 2 or more hexes away using intensive fire. Is this a valid shot? Applicable...
  13. D

OFFICEFEST, DETROIT MAY 14-15

Officefest accomodations Scott, There are several hotels/motels nearby, but usually there is room on the floor for a few of sleeping bags. I highly recommend this event. The price is generally right and the ASL is good. Dave