Recent content by DQuin

1. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

A lot of it is replacement of rules, rather than just addition of rules. He’s approaching several things differently, so there are new rules for how he’s approaching it. I hear you though in terms of investment time to learn a bunch of new rules.
  2. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

Yeah I hear what you’re saying about detail. I can’t manage the level of detail of the PBS rules when it comes to enemy fire. The thing I like about his SASL rules is that it approaches a few things differently that I like a lot. there’s way less Suspect counters to deal with as they’re...
  3. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

Yeah, it’s no joke. It’s seriously great.
  4. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

Heres a google drive link to the current version of Andrea Fantozzi's SASL MGP / SASL++ It's very well done and worth learning. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L_MUuUKGMQN6eYPJQgnLwlWARRkrx304/view?usp=share_link
  5. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

I’m asking him for permission. If approved I’ll post here.
  6. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

@Barking Monkey , I'll go with that handicap when I play my upcoming campaign. Have you tried Andrea Fantozzi's SASL Mission Generation Project and SASL++? I've played a few of his missions and his rules are very well thought out. It's a different flavor of SASL, more akin to normal...
  7. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

You Would you mind sharing the missions that you find unbalanced and what handicaps you use? I’ll be starting a new campaign and would love to test them out.
  8. DQuin

SASL V3 Changes?

Considering that MMP will be doing a long awaited re-print of SASL, if there ever were to be a SASL V3, what changes would you like to see made to the game and/or game system? Would you only like to see additional nations added? Or would you actually like to see some game mechanics tweaked and...
  9. DQuin

SASL 2nd ed.

Ebay but it ain’t cheap
  10. DQuin

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

I actually skipped the pursuit mission as I didn’t have those maps :(
  11. DQuin

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

I’m fairly new to SASL and have been playing this campaign as well. I’m on mission 7 and am +5 on the campaign. What would make this campaign easier than another? It seems the campaign is made up of standard missions with some SSR’s To give it flavor. Are the missions in the campaign easy, or is...
  12. DQuin

Do you prefer solo ASL or SASL?

I’m coming to the same decision. I started with SASL for so play and now I tend to become bored while playing solo (both sides). I just find SASL’s fog of war, random events, and campaign structure a huge part of the fun. I’m also looking forward to creating some SASL adaptations/rules for my...
  13. DQuin

I’m a new player of average intelligence and the SASL rules were really pretty easy to grasp, for me at least. It’s certainly a different flavor than standard ASL, but the added fog of war and element of surprise surpasses even FtF ASL by a mile.
  14. DQuin

Yeah, sometimes I crave a regular scenario for balance and a classic ASL slug fest. Other times I crave the fog of war and element of surprise that SASL offers.
  15. DQuin

For those of you that play solo ASL (both sides of a scenario), or SASL, which do you prefer and why? Personally, I sometimes get stuck between the two and which I’d rather spend my time playing. I love SASL, and generally find it a more satisfying solo experience. The problem is, I have a...