Recent content by DougRim

1. DougRim

VASL6.5.1 Officially Released

When you install a version of VASL it won’t automatically show up in the vassal window. If that is the case you can: 1. navigate to the vasl module, double-click it and it will open. From then on it will be in the vassal window. 2. open the vassal window, select file->open module and then...
  2. DougRim

VASL6.6.0-beta1 is released

Because with VASSAl3.3.2, Java 14 comes bundled with VASSAL and does not need to be installed separately. This is one way in which VASSAL3.3.2 improves VASL.
  3. DougRim

True, but . . . it's complicated Because vasl6.6.0-beta1 is exactly the same as vasl6.5.1, except for using vassal6.3.3, games created in vasl6.6.0 can be opened in vasl6.5.1 and vasl6.5.0. I have done so.
  4. DougRim

LOS tool not working

The VASL LOS engine does sometimes get bounced in setup files, especially if cropping and flipping are involved. There is no easy answer to how many setup up files are effected. Nor is correct to describe them as screwed up. They were just created at a point in time when the los engine did not...
  5. DougRim

ERROR CORRECTION In my original post, I wrote: This is incorrect. The correct statement is: Only games created in VASL6.5.0 or 6.5.1 will work in VASL6.6.0-beta1. Games created in earlier versions of VASL won't work in VASL6.6.0-beta1. Games created in VASL6.6.0-beta1 will work in...
  6. DougRim

VASSAL not compatible with java v9?

Just a reminder that VASL6.6.0-beta now works with VASSAL3.3.2 which uses Java 11. For Windows, Java 11 comes bundled with VASSAL. No need to install separately. For other OS, see the VASSAL site.
  7. DougRim

How do I change the user (is that even the right way to say it?)

The ability to see under concealment is tied to your password. 100%. So you need to remember that old password. Since you used a different name, you may be able to recover it. There is a way to do so which I never remember. Check for other posts about finding lost passwords as this came up...
  8. DougRim

Cake? What kinda cake? I like cake.
  9. DougRim

If you mean can one person play using 6.5.1 and the other using 6.6.0 then no. If you mean can you start them both from the same VASSAL window, then no.
  10. DougRim

Get it here. This is the first VASL release using VASSAL3.3.2. It is a test release so be gentle. If you find bugs or problems, please report them. It should have the full functionality of VASL6.5.1. A major-league shout out to Joel Uckelman who worked very hard to configure VASL to work...
  11. DougRim

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

No worries! It's a good idea and a good challenge.
  12. DougRim

VASL6.5.1 Officially Released

Get it at vasl.info New in version 6.5.1 Counters, lots of lovely Counters: The CdG/Dinant counters are added in this release Bug fixes: There a number of bug fixes to the KFW counters added in 6.5.0 The EC/Weather counter labels can now be changed/removed and several bugs are fixed A...
  13. DougRim

Missing Axis CVP Totals Box

First rule of software: when in doubt, click!
  14. DougRim

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Simple you say. This is concealment in VASL/VASSAL. Ain't nothing simple about that. I have been working on this a little bit. I can easily (and simply) add CX to each of the 1/2" ? in the counter palette. And if you clone a ? counter dragged off the counter palette it too will have the CX...
  15. DougRim

Missing Axis CVP Totals Box

Right-clicking on the Total Axis CVP box in the Casualities bin window should bring up a menu. Select Reset to 0. Same for Allied. I suspect you may have selected delete. Don't do that. It literally deletes the box. Should that happen again, hit the undo button on the toolbar. No need to clear...