Recent content by Doug Kirk

1. Doug Kirk

Nor'easter (Virtual) XXV in the books (Well except for one game)

Any chance you could publish the scenario statistics? Or feedback on what scenarios were well recieved or those that were not.
  2. Doug Kirk

Post Your Results for Rally Point 18: The French Army: Friend and Foe on ROAR

Played 4 so far. I thought they all favored the French to some degree, if not significantly. I will post to ROAR.
  3. Doug Kirk

My ASL year in 2020

All face to face for me, 22 scenarios reported to ROAR, went 16-6. Got in a handful of playtest scenarios and got about halfway thru the Smith's Ridge CG before giving it up. Highlight of the year from a pure fun point of view was DB140 Beasts at Baruth.
  4. Doug Kirk

HASL map storage solutions

Blueprint storage cabinet, large flat drawers. Rarely if ever used anymore. Most are steel and HEAVY, some are wood. Come in a bank or 5 or 10 drawers. Each drawer will hold multiple maps. Usually very cheap because no one wants them (I assume). Mine was free, just needed to pick it up...
  5. Doug Kirk

BoF2, SV and Roma 2020

Anybody have a list of changes (balance updates) from orginal SV and FrF to the new versions?
  6. Doug Kirk

Hatten Advice

The Americans should play ultra conservative. Conserve units at all costs. Give up space. If Americans can avoid large losses early, they will have overwhelming numbers in the late scenarios.
  7. Doug Kirk

St Louis ASL Tourney July 24-26, 2020.

All St Louis games have been entered on ROAR. Please double check your games for accuracy and enter ratings. I think I entered them all correctly, but near the end I started to glaze over.
  8. Doug Kirk

Posted list is final. ABS is done, may not be released until on site. Maybe I can post here this weekend?? I am keeping busy with work. It was all I could do to get the ABS done last week, been putting off since I didn't know if tourney was on.
  9. Doug Kirk

MACZEK FIRE BRIGADE PLAYERS NEEDED

According to my records, I have played this classic 4 times. Amazingly, I have played the Poles all 4 times. I lost twice to local opponent Shawn Ettleman and won against David Lamb and Curtis Brooks.
  10. Doug Kirk

FfS Q+A

For Smith's Ridge, when spending the initial 80FPP, I assume the CG date maximum purchase limits still apply? If so how do you purchase 15 trenches? 15x7=105 FPP to buy the CG max. I can only buy two trenches initially, 14 FPP. But then there are only 70 FPP left to buy the remainder of the...
  11. Doug Kirk

FfS Q+A

Anyone??? Guns can set up on map in Battle of the Barricades, but not in Smith's Ridge, or does footnote 7 allow you to set up on map?
  12. Doug Kirk

FfS Q+A

What is the on map cost increase for a "G" group? 11.6194 says 1CPP for KPA "I" RG, says nothing about other RG types. Seems odd most other CGs let you set up guns on board.
  13. Doug Kirk

FfS Q+A

Question on Smith's Ridge KPA reinforcements, I assume footnote 7 only does away with the sector restrictions? It doesnt allow you to set up on map for free? All G groups have to enter or pay extra for on map set up?
  14. Doug Kirk

All the information for the 2020 St Louis ASL tourney can be found here http://www.jaburrissite.com/ASLtournament.html I know everyone is hunkered down right now trying to get thru the virus pandemic. Its a shame the KC and Chicago tournaments were cancelled. July is still several months out...