DonWPetros's latest activity

• DonWPetros
    DonWPetros replied to the thread Huertgen Forest.
    Not referring to a HASL map, or to a CH somethingorother- but a potential MMP thing for them to consider. 2 new 'Huertgen' geoboards &...
  • DonWPetros
    DonWPetros reacted to Vic Provost's post in the thread Huertgen Forest with Like.
    Sounds good Don, it will be interesting as to what you settle on. All I know is the boards, I'm sure, will be fine, we just need...
  • DonWPetros
    Interesting idea - 'limited cover'. While you can always stack 3 squads per hex regardless of TEM, how protective that terrain is may...
  • DonWPetros
    DonWPetros reacted to Vic Provost's post in the thread Huertgen Forest with Like.
    , I like that SSR, so the Orchard artwork is the trees, just enough for maybe a 2 or 3 squads and anyone else should be in open ground...
  • DonWPetros
    The use of Orchards wouldn't extend to their lack of -1 TEM as with Woods. An SSR would be something like this: 'All Orchard hexes...
  • DonWPetros
    Yea, could use that SSR for the existing Woods boards I guess. But I'd like to see a sort of 'hide and seek' or maybe better...
  • DonWPetros
    Sure! Would prefer covering more ground with standard boards, but I'm up for it if you are, Pete :)
  • DonWPetros
    Yep. Preparing some boards or OLs to both represent Huertgen, but also be versatile enough to use for PTO, might work. Take a look...
  • DonWPetros
    I'm up for doing the boards, but will likely hold for now and wait some qualified scenario guys join in... I've found that...
  • DonWPetros
    DonWPetros reacted to chris_olden's post in the thread Huertgen Forest with Like.
    In most of the famous/well known photos from the battle, the “managed forest” is well represented. I was reminded of those pictures, a...
  • DonWPetros
    The Huertgen terrain is unique I think, based on what I've read. 'Managed forest' - with often much space in between Woods. Lots of...
  • DonWPetros
    Thanks for the plug, Vic. But what I'm more interested in is to do some geoboards/OLs with a Huertgen theme which would allow designers...
  • DonWPetros
    I have Operation Schmidt, heck of a job, nice maps, need to play it as some point via VASL, reasonable size and it is a good looking...
  • DonWPetros
    Evan, thanks. I'd like to respond in detail asap. Cannot right now. Good commentary. For now - yes, there are a lot of...
  • DonWPetros
    DonWPetros reacted to Evan Sherry's post in the thread Huertgen Forest with Like.
    Don, There is plenty of material that can be used for such boards and overlays. I say this having just written the scenario analysis...