Recent content by Doggie

1. Doggie

Warfare HQ and Armchair General to join forces with new forum!

Hey! Who's not nice? Look at me. I'm adorable.
  2. Doggie

There is no question that "Aries" is the late Les the Sarge: http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10826&page=11&pp=15 Lester didn't "dump" anything. He was expelled for spamming moderators with complaints, flagrant trolling, inventing multiple user ID's to praise himself...
  3. Doggie

For the unaware, the guy doing all the complaining, "Aries" was formerly known on the Wargamer forum and elsewhere as "Les the Sarge." He was made a moderator of a modeling sub-forum at the Wargamer, and when the regular moderators were away on at a wargaming convention, took advantage of...
  4. Doggie

The Five Best War Movies Ever

Actually they were very authenic Bf-108 trainers. Called "Taifun", They were the German equivalent of the T-6 Texan trainer, and were relatively common in the early 1960's, in addition to their service with the Luftwaffe. It is entirely possible the odd train was attacked by rocket firing...
  5. Doggie

How to clean my engine bay?

Then what are you worried about?
  6. Doggie

They're everywhere DVD's are a commie plot to put more money into the hands of Hollywierd weenies. You can't record them; ya gotta buy them. Color episodes of Combat came late in the series. The first few episodes are set in London and Omaha Beach. Steven Spielberg was still a diaper...
  7. Doggie

I've seen a few VHS sets at Blockbuster, but that's about it. Are all the episodes on DVD in color? The series started out in black and white and switched to color around '63 or so. Even here next to Fort Bragg, it's a rare thing to see this series on TV. I haven't seen some of them since...
  8. Doggie

How to clean my engine bay?

If water would ruin your electricals you need to install new electricals. If your distributor, coil and wires are affected by a little high pressure water, then you need to install new ones. A little degreaser and water to rinse it off shouldn't hurt anything.
  9. Doggie

Coming soon to a theater near you PT-109 Redux starring Johnny Depp as the young Lt. (jg) John F. Kerry, the hero of the Mekong river, who lifted his wounded buddy out of the water with his teeth and towed him to safety. Susan Sarandon as the young Ketchup heiress who captured his heart and...
  10. Doggie

Boar, if ya got cable; ya got Combat. It runs M-F at 1200 EST on the Encore Action channel, uncut and uninterupted. I'm taping them all.
  11. Doggie

Hi Marc. Gee, I wonder where you found out about Combat:terms: Quit lurking and register; everybody else has.:banana: Here's the Combat! web page: http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/episodes/episodes.html It has it's flaws, such as Sergeant Saunders has enough Purple Hearts to open...
  12. Doggie

halftime fiasco

Fur Luete Wer Deutsch spricht, das war ein informative link. Fur anderen, es macht fur einen kopfweh. Das Deutsch Lesen macht mich schläfrig.:sleep: Saturday Night Live comes to the Super Bowl. Find the most offensive no talent rap group and turn them loose, just to prove you're a hip...
  13. Doggie

Nah, P-51 has that one right. It was Hell in the Pacific with Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune. The movie I'm referring to is circa 1962. I saw it at the theater when I was a kid and I've always remembered it. It wasn't the one with Frank Sinatra and Clint Walker stranded on an island with a...
  14. Doggie

I saw what I think was a decent war movie way back around 1962 that I haven't seen since. It opens on a beach where a raiding party of Marines have been massacred before they can reach the high water mark. Two of them play possum while the Japs go around finishing off the survivors. One...
  15. Doggie

Gee nobody even mentioned The Bridges of Toko Ri or Stalag 17, a couple of William Holden's best efforts. Any list of Movies that Suck would have to include Top Gun, Midway and of course, Pearl Harbor.