Recent content by Dicke Bertha

1. D

Operation Blau 4.0 PBEM Bloodstar vs. Foggy

I really like these cozy dialogues between Herr Hitler and Herr Bloodstar! All the better as comrade Foggy obviously likes and craves pain. A great S/M story! ;)
  2. D

AAR Trotsky's War, pbem DB vs Foggy

Yup, the sea invasions here and there cost me a lot, but I keep at it because it is great fun compared to grinding my way through Poland; the good TOAW god blesses me with new transport ships every turn - I'll be doing this as long as I have any ports and any troops left... :D Oops, Iranian...
  3. D

That is obvious, you're sometimes very... optimistic. I think you'd sneer at Hitler Orders for stands to the last man as being defaitistic and halfhearted! :D :p I think the urge for a cheat meachanism should never have arisen in the first place on the side of the developers. I'll refrain from...
  4. D

L'zard: Plicht is probably best translated as duty. In a protestantic/historical sense, duty above all, and duty also as a means, in this wider sense as your personal way to heaven - thus not to be taken very lightly. Depends on your personal take, personally I find it more and more inescapable...
  5. D

TOAW ist Pflicht und Freude.
  6. D

So, I'll have to assume my turns cause multiple reload warnings, the above is something of a modus operandi for me in some big games, planning and therapy combined. And I'd appreciate my opponent addressing it directly in case. I'm not happy about this, it really is bad. :(
  7. D

LOL, Mensch, I'd say it'd be a sane obsession anyway. And if the centre-south falls, your panzers could make Orel-Moscow in a few weeks - if mud is late in coming. Expect my turn early this weekend. :) Quick update on the DB-Foggy game: Stockholm falls to a combination of direct amphibious...
  8. D

I get reload messages fairly often, maybe more often than not; sometimes I've gotten messages about two reloads, but never nine... if my turns would cause nine reload messages, I'd sure like to hear it, and that should surely be sent to the high priests for examination. I think the cheat...
  9. D

Thanks silvanski, I'll check it out. Foggy, hmm, I hope it's not me who produces the 7/8/9 reload messages... hope to get the turn back to you this weekend. All nine of them. :bite:
  10. D

Silvain, Piero's 1947 would be interesting to examine, a link to a download would be appreciated. Any combination effort I'd be likely to volunteer for playtest, not to say Foggy, he's addicted to playtests... ;) On events in such a scenario, I'd prefer some assymetries in response times to...
  11. D

Thanks appleby, it is a fight with a lot of units that's for sure. The scenario scope is great, but it would need a real overhaul to feel realistic, both in terms of OOB and also events. Those are such severe shortcomings, that I doubt we'll go any longer distance with it. And Foggy, no...
  12. D

T18 Not the quickest game the world has ever seen, the campaign moves on, after T18 (29.12.1939) the Soviet concentration towards the centre of Europe (Vienna-Prague) is paying off. Vienna is about to be invested, with its flanks penetrated. Soviet paras dropped around Budapest and also in...
  13. D

Quick update; game is progressing slowly, I am at fault. We're at T15, and despite the Polsh collapse, with Soviets on the Polish-German border, many Polish formations have reappeared and seem to be centered east of Berlin. The defenses once dug in are a bastard to break. German infantry...
  14. D

Thanks for the information Silvanski. Until they're released, seems rather the Allies will have the initiative. Soviet formations pretty worn out, and at T9 only a few local battles are conducted; Posen changing hands in attacks and counterattacks. If Foggy hits my line hard, I think I'll be...
  15. D

Ostpreußen, das Ende. Ост-Прейссен - советская победа! A dozen German Divisions annihilated in heavy fighting in East Prussia! Among them at least two panzer divisions. East Prussia cleaaned up! Only Festung Memel still holding out. Still no release armies, but the Polish front can be built...