Recent content by Den589

1. D

Green Hell of Inor CG III (Dennis Brothers)

We concluded this CG yesterday with a German capitulation in the bottom of the 4th turn of CG day 5(I think it was day 5?). Steve had some more rough rolls, including breaking almost the entire 9-2 led 36FP stack in the village of Inor on a 1MC from a 81*MTR shot. When we deduced that I could...
  2. D

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

Yeah the same problem is coming up for me, not available sold out of HG2.
  3. D

I thought I had to risk it in Dinant. I got away with it for the most part. Only once did the sniper find a killstack and it selected a sacrificial half squad with a HMG. Maybe I was just lucky, but I did lose so on the other hand maybe not....
  4. D

Manila maps....

VASL is great to keep the hobby active and going IMHO, but nothing matches playing FTF over an adult beverage. Me and Steve are trying to figure out a reasonable solution to this map issue. For the center-map LOS problem, I think we'll just keep the second set of real size maps from the other...
  5. D

Even when we were playing Dinant, I still made killstacks and just surrounded them as best I could. It was a risk I know, but I think only one time did the sniper pick the MG stack and it missed the leader. His sniper counters arent that close to the area of my two kill stacks in Inor at least...
  6. D

We have gotten to turn 5 of the night scenario. Casualties have been huge for the French today. French have lost 26 CVP I believe (all infantry; although 2 was a captured 6+1) and the German has only lost around 10 CVP (all infantry.) Steve is probably still going to lose the CG day, but he...
  7. D

Broken Ground Design Thread

There is never enough in the large CGs. So you end up using two or three other nationalities. In our current Inor CG. The French are using American counters for his reserves, the German are using black SS and Chinese KMT for his cloaking and if he bought reserves we will need another color for...
  8. D

Broken Ground Design Thread

Don't know if anybody has ever suggested this or how much interest there would be, but especially during campaign games we've been having trouble with finding a suitable number of cloaking counters, we always end up using multiple colors and it's a train wreck to keep track of. I'd suggest a...
  9. D

Inor ERRATA

With regards to the fortifications that can't set up HIP in the Inor CG's (i.e. Wire, Trench and Roadblocks not in interior Woods Locations). Does this also apply if it is a night scenario? Basically, do they set up in full view on board at scenario commencement at night or do normal night...
  10. D

Setup has begun for scenario #4. Steve has declared a night attack. So I've got to take a lot longer setting up, I get a lot of HIP and a ton of dummies to setup. I assume he is going to be picking a single front and ramming troops down my throat in that one sector, so I have to very...
  11. D

Casualties started to ramp up this date, specifically in the last couple of turns. I was furiously trying to take back the Farm, and ended up stealing hex R17 by running across the valley and T17 by the aforementioned 6+1 from hell who single handedly wiped out a squad. Heroes were popping up...
  12. D

Inor ERRATA

Are board edge hexes, also automatically front line hexes for the purposes of trench, mine and wire placement? Some CG's they are, some they aren't, couldnt find a clarification in the definition of front line hex in the rule book for Inor.
  13. D

I'll check when I get home from work. We are entering the top of the 4th and if I had to guess 10 CVP in armor, a 9-1 armor leader and maybe 10 CVP in infantry dead for the German. Around 8 CVP in infantry and 2 CVP in a big mortar dead for the French. We are both pretty good at keeping...
  14. D

And need you mention my average rolling of around 8 or 9 for most of the last two play sessions??? Hence why I had so many Rally attempts to get those 3 HOB rolls in the first place!!!!!
  15. D

Recalled, Immobilized, and in a FFE

Yes, very carefully into the woods hex under 100mm OBA. Should work out just fine, no worries.....