Recent content by Den589

1. D

RO CG I Started

Steven, is correct for once!!!!! No harm is done, as my purchases wouldn't have changed. So all is well, the Russians will fight on.
  2. D

RO CG I Started

Well I hope this is correct. Because without being able to buy any infantry on that 2nd scenario, I'm actually leaning towards this CG being untenable as the Russians. I'm doing well at saving my infantry right now with only losing 7.5 S/E's of Russians to 8 S/E's (+2 tanks) of Germans, but I...
  3. D

RO CG I Started

That's where all of mine are at the moment. I don't think he's even seen a militaman, except for the sniper hitting two and breaking them in one of the factories. I won't ever have them outside a factory, if my lessons from RB have sunk in at all.
  4. D

RO CG I Started

Yeah I was struggling with purchases for the 1st date. Went with the militia just to have the ability to react to the 2.7 million Germans coming at me, but looking back it was probably a mistake. Reserves are getting activated so quickly (I think there's only 5 reserve cloaking counters not...
  5. D

RO CG I Started

Casualties are 3 S/E's, one Stug B (to an ATR shot) and one Stug G (to street fighting) for the Germans and 2 S/E's for the Russian although a 6-2-8 is about to be eliminated in the rout phase upcoming (he's trapped upstairs in G12.) So tied in infantry essentially. We also have two ongoing...
  6. D

Can anyone clarify the Smokestack Sniper rules?

Me and my brother just started RO CGI and we are playing that yes they attack the nearest unit like a normal sniper; even if 25 hexes away. The problem is that at least early in the CG that target is 99.9% likely going to be the German Sniper counter. Which is fine to me as the Russian, maybe...
  7. D

RO CG I Started

Yeah I laminated them at Fed Ex. Its a very heavy thick matte lamination. A bit thicker than I've had done on other maps, don't think I'm a fan of it. But my old source of lamination for my maps, a relative who did it at work selfishly & inconveniently retired!!!!
  8. D

RO CG I Started

Casualties are light through turn 1. A squad down for the Russians and a 1/2 squad plus a Stug B for the German. The Russian OBA going away on turn 1 from a boxcars phone contact roll is really going to hurt, but my plan is to survive the day with as many bodies intact as I can so a slow...
  9. D

Hatten CG thoughts...

I had a HMG w/ -1 leader there every day, but like Steve said, he just WP'd him and he was not very effective for most of the days. The graveyard plan of putting a tank hull down, was nullified the numerous 60* mortars that the American gets. He had at the end something like 8 mortars firing...
  10. D

RO CG I question (Initial scenario Rockets)

I'm going to be Steve's opponent in this and even though it benefits me, without a pre-reg those rockets if anything will hamper the German. All I see as a result of letting those rockets fly, is a lot of fires and rubble that is going to slow him down, especially if they land in some of those...
  11. D

Raaco- what system storage do you use?

Steve's back from his work-vacation tomorrow, I'm sure he would be willing to send you any of the files you want when he gets back. I know he has shared them with numerous people at ASLOK the last two years and anybody else who has asked.
  12. D

Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Ok, thanks. Those hexes can be very useful to the German as he attempts to take Hall 4 the "Martin Ovens." I'd love to hold Hall 4 as long as possible for the "extra" sniper attacks.
  13. D

In follow up to my post above, I'm playing as the Russian and anybody who has started/played RO CG I. Any suggestions for purchases with the 10 CPP? Little intimidated by the fact that the German has the potential to be rolling 80-90 squads vs my measly 50-60 squads (some in reserve) on that...
  14. D

My brother and I will be playing RO CG I next after we finish the Hatten CG and looking at the triangle hex buildings, trying to get how they work. Taking for example the Hall 2 Rolling Shop. Hexes V 13 and W14 are essentially Level 2 buildings however their base level can also directly...
  15. D

Raaco- what system storage do you use?

And he's solved the issue of not having feet on the inserts to prevent lateral movement, a new 3d printer that he has access to is now capable of printing them on the inserts directly eliminating the need to glue them on after the fact.