Recent content by Davich

1. D

replacements distribution

IMO, replacements could have been better handled in the game. The game engine is not made for very long campaigns covering months or years as far as replacements are concerned. It's hard to produce the ups and downs of replacement rates without lots of convoluted work that may end up causing...
  2. D

New ongoing FitE AAR

I've been keeping track of your FiTE AAR mainly because I am also playing it. My opponent has been constantly deploying his units directly to the front instead of holding them back until recently (T 6). I have not accomplished the advances you have, obviously. You might like to know at the end...
  3. D

New ongoing FitE AAR

I've been keeping track of your FiTE AAR mainly because I am also playing it. My opponent has been constantly deploying his units directly to the front instead of holding them back until recently (T 6). I have not accomplished the advances you have, obviously. You might like to know at the end...
  4. D

Playback

I don't know for a fact but this is how I think it works: Each hex is unobserved (unknown), observed or spotted. As your units move through hexes they will enter hexes of differing status. When entering an observed or spotted hex they will be seen in the playback.
  5. D

Replacements

Returning casualties to the replacement pool is not as arbitrary as setting replacements a 1% or 2% across the board. Supposedly a pocketed unit will return nothing. Also raising the Soviet beginning rifle replacements from 10k to 16k to slow down the 'German war machine' early on is not...
  6. D

Replacements

Are the replacement rates in the various Eastern Front scenarios actual or arbitrary? Perhaps a mix? In other words, has anyone done research regarding, for example, how many rifle squads the Soviets actually received by month throughout the war? Reading the changes file it FiTE there seems to...
  7. D

Lost Bookmark

Ah, never mind. I found it. The Nafziger Collection. ;)
  8. D

Lost Bookmark

I used to have a site bookmarked that had an extensive OB and TOE for all armies during all dates of WW2. They were also broken down by campaigns. It was very complete and accurate. This person sold them per sheet in a set. So if there were four sheets of OB for a campaign it would be 4 times...
  9. D

Don't just sit there whistling La Marseillaise...

Hmmm...those bumps at the front of her hips...chastity belt rivets?
  10. D

SPWaW 8.3 patch file is now here

Sounds like it fiddles with the register so no matter what you do the game checks the register and what's in the register is what it shows. :rolleyes:
  11. D

Command problem ..Achilles, game theory..

Used to be: The bomber using Counter Measures and air to air missles was the non nuke carrying bomber. However, in the real world I would not classify the CM ship as 'weak'. It would most probably give a good account of itself considering it would carry a broad range of CMs and weapons. In...
  12. D

Graphical mods TOAW?

You could try running the Program Compatibility Wizard that comes with XP. To find it click on START then All Programs then Accessories. It's in the Accessories folder. Also be sure to have the latest copy of Direct X. I'm running TOAW:COW with XP Home Edition, no compatibility mode with an...
  13. D

Graphical mods TOAW?

Too many relate a computer problem to the CPU. 99.99% of the time it is NOT the CPU. Many times it is the software drivers or one of the hardware cards added to the motherboard. If you are having graphics problems look at your graphics card or drivers for the card rather than the CPU. I just...
  14. D

'Homemade' scenarios

Or you can make a separate docs folder. :D
  15. D

Barbarossa Tactical Polynike vs Vidrimaros

Very nice AAR. It will be interesting to see how it goes in the last six months. Shadow and I are playing this scenario. We are only three turns into it but on German turn three have discovered a 66% Soviet air interdiction. At this time it has not seemed to have a negative impact as far as...