Recent content by Danny Peeters

1. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2021

In my first game of the Euro League of this years tournament I played against Björn Lorenzen AP143 Late for Chow. My brave Germans of Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 7 had to break through the infiltrated Pathfinders of the 8th Infantry Division around Kerogas, an area with a lot of bocage terrain...
  2. Danny Peeters

Emplaced guns and opportunity fire - Concealment loss?

Guys, if an emplaced gun uses opportunity fire (A7.25) does it lose it's concealment? A7.25 says it does, but normally an emplaced gun loses it's concealment only after it fires and its colored die is a 5 or 6 (A12.34)? Thx already!
  3. Danny Peeters

Smoke and LOS from higher position

Thanks Doug! That is what I was looking for!
  4. Danny Peeters

Makes sense to me, but can you refer me to the rules section?
  5. Danny Peeters

Another quick question... Does smoke hinder when fire is traced from a higher position (lets says lvl3) then the smoke is (ground lvl with smoke height of 2) to a ground lvl target?
  6. Danny Peeters

Armored assault (D9.31) and case J1/J2 (C6.11/6.12) for Target Based hit determination DRM

Hi guys! I was wondering if MPs spend in LOS of enemy unit are counted the same when your infantry is moving with your AFV in an armored assault. Is it still 1 mp per open ground hex for case J1 and J2 for a full-tracked AFV?
  7. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

My American defenders did a good job! Especially the well positioned M2A1 105mm Howitzer proofed to be very efficient in delaying and killing German infantry. My Hellcat didn't survive the first few minutes of the battle as Felipe's armored force deployed on the battlefield. In the ensuing...
  8. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

WO1: French Toast and Bacon On the second day of the Battle of the Bulge my American troops have to defend a bridge across the Our against Felipe Zavala's panzer force! A nice sidenote is that I spend holidays for years in Ouren with my family and I know the place and the 2 bridges well!
  9. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

The Germans assaulted my trench line in the alpine hilltops with great determination. They attacked from the West and South and took trench after trench. My defenders fought bravely but couldn’t stop the SS’ers. In turn 3 the Germans broke my last units in the trenches and they had to rout to...
  10. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Hello folks, my brave Russian soldiers will defend St. Polten in the Vienna Woods (AP52) against the attacking German forces from Joe Arthur! Looking forward to our battle!
  11. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Well... it did get bloody... The para's initial assault on the center got repulsed by some heavy fire and good shooting from the SS'ers. To add to the problems their Jackson TD got destroyed with an APCR shot on his first move. Even without support of their TD the brave para's pressed on and...
  12. Danny Peeters

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Paul Schorfheide and I are going to replay a part of the Battle of the Bulge; G6 Rocket"s Red Glare (The General #24.6 id G6). Paul will attack with his elite American para's a village in the Ardennes, which is well defended by my SS German troops. With all that firepower amassed it will get...