Recent content by CTKnudsen

1. CTKnudsen

Routing, Low crawl, and destination hex.

Sure, and good catch on the overstacking penalties influencing L11's rout if M10 routs into L10 first! However, that doesn't answer my original question about low crawling into K11 or L9. FWIW I agree with you that the meaning of "toward" would in this case mean that they would generally have...
  2. CTKnudsen

Routing, Low crawl, and destination hex.

This was very long ago now, but Neil pointed out above that it was the German unit in O11, not M12, that should be in N11, iirc there were German units in N9, N11, and M12. Pretty sure I had the Amis right. Corrected enough to visualize? Don't want to steal any of your comment total... With...
  3. CTKnudsen

No image counters

Ah so WAD then! Well that I'm fine with. I'm maybe just a little gunshy as I've been having so many VASSAL issues, which I believe have been related to the Windows User Account issues. Hopefully fixed now. Hopefully. Thanks Doug, much appreciated. And thanks Johnl - I had assumed you were...
  4. CTKnudsen

No image counters

But a placeholder for what? Is there a new Russian MG about to be released? They're like Pokemen, one has to have them all, apparently. And if it's "This Page is Intentionally Left Blank" (which is such an idiocy in the age of electronic documents), then there should be one below the dm 82mm...
  5. CTKnudsen

No image counters

I have had some issues with VASL (most likely due to me having computer issues and having to create a new user account) so I decided to install from scratch. Works ok so far, but I am getting some weird things, among them things like this: Why the "No image"? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  6. CTKnudsen

Hatten EmRR

1. Good, as he's on the EmRR 2, 3. Blocked, as neither unit are adjacent to the EmRR where the LOS crosses onto it.
  7. CTKnudsen

When is Ponyri up for pre-order?

I didn't preorder Manila - I've already got 3+ big urban HASLs that I haven't played yet, although I am intrigued to see how it plays differently with Japanese vs Americans. But Ponyri looks a bit different - some actual open ground! This and Ortona are on my definite pre-order list.
  8. CTKnudsen

Larry asked...

Commingle. The newer inexperienced counters need to rub corners with the salty old veteran counters, so they will learn all the tricks needed to survive on a tough battlefield.
  9. CTKnudsen

Perry Likes

Now when is someone going to meld the Q&A into the eRB, that's my question. It would be a big undertaking, mostly because so many of the Q&As would require extensive examples to illustrate the relevant points.
  10. CTKnudsen

What are MMP's other games like please?

Well I like the Ultimate General Civil War game for computer, but the idea of tactical level ACW doesn't thrill me a whole bunch. The interesting problems in that conflict for me are at the operational/strategic level. I'm sure that there are some great games out there that would have me...
  11. CTKnudsen

What are MMP's other games like please?

I am actually more into GCACW than I am into ASL right now - I've been looking for a non-tactical ACW game for ages (on computer, mostly), but GCACW's initiative system makes for an outstandingly variable experience that I think recreates really well the challenges facing operational commanders...
  12. CTKnudsen

OPPORTUNITY FIRE

It's in the exception at the end of the first sentence of C13.8. Basically you trade the +2 Case C3 TH mod for having to potentially suck up some Defensive Fire. So if you have a BAZ and an enemy tank and it's the PFPh, you can either a) Prep without the +2 Case C3 mod, and risk backblast, b)...
  13. CTKnudsen

OPPORTUNITY FIRE

Also, when you have a CX unit that wants to Prep, but not with the +1 for CX. Or if you want to fire a LATW from a building/rubble, but don't want to eat the backblast.
  14. CTKnudsen

Red Barricades irrelevant moon meaning

Yes, not sure why that is in there, if you are going by E1.11 you'd think that overcast weather would create overcast clouds automatically, but that you'd still use the moon phases (from the CG Roster) to figure out the starting NVR.
  15. CTKnudsen

Ortona

Funicular Railway. A funicular railway exists between hexes _ and ____. An infantry unit which starts its MPh in either of these hexes may, at the cost of all their MF, move from one hex to the other. Such a squad may not use Double time, is considered to be using hazardous movement but with a...