Recent content by Cpt Homp

1. C

What boardgames have you played recently?

You just need a board game night. I hardly ever hold onto a NON-wargame without playing it for very long, since I have a weekly game night. We typically go through 2-4 games in an evening. Things sort of rise to the top on their own. We try and set aside a weekend every month or two for bigger...
  2. C

It was funny, it was our groups first game, and despite advice, I left the seperatist card in the deck, AND I drew it. Another player was pretending to be the seperatist in a ploy to make the rest of us panic into doing all the heavy lifting saving the island. He unwittingly ended up helping me...
  3. C

I've recently got some of my friends in my gaming group into the gamers civil war brigade series. They are mostly Euro/Ameritrash style gamers, so it's fun teaching them some hex and counter stuff. We just spent Friday evening and most of Saturday playing April's Harvest, with two guys on the...
  4. C

If you like Pandemic, try picking up Forbiden Desert. It's MUCH harder than FI, and has a much better feel of survival and exploration. It's a very cool game. It really forces the players to work together and get creative about staying alive.
  5. C

I just played a game of Axis and Allies tonight with some friends. Brought back memories of high school for me. Totally a-historical ending. England invades Japan, right after the Japanese navy handed it to the Americans off of Wake Island; Russia invaded all of Europe save France (Norway, all...
  6. C

Pretty excited, hopefully picking up a copy of Andean abyss soon. Haven't had time for a lot of ASL recently, but I've been playing some Panzer Leader, lots of Euro's (Power Grid, Ticket to Ride, Puerto Rico, Elder Signs), but very excited to try out Andean Abyss.
  7. C

New members introduce yourself here

Hi, new ASL player here. I have the Beyond Valor and Red Barricades module. Mostly looking for PBEM, but wouldn't be opposed to 1/week FtF some evening. Looking forward to learning how to play. Also, does anyone know if there are clubs in the Newark DE/Philly area?