Recent content by cooljrunner

1. cooljrunner

Set Demolition Charge Visibility Status

What happens to a DC counter which was “Set and declared during play by an Infantry unit” (A23.7). Does it remain in the Location, stays with the setting unit, or something else? A23.72 implies the DC counter does not remain alone in the location because “Searching will reveal…… a hidden Set...
  2. cooljrunner

Tuomo and Tom's great adventure, AP169, Part III (The end game)

Playing either Tuomo or TY is a treat, all around great guys. Thanks for the write-up, looks like a fun one.
  3. cooljrunner

Moving through a Commissar Location

In the Movement phase a Russian squad is fired upon while moving through a Location containing a concealed Commissar. Does the squad benefit from the increased Morale for being in the same Location (A25.221)? If so, is this a concealment loss activity for the Commissar (Case C - engages in any...
  4. cooljrunner

B23.722 Split Level Buildings LOS

Thanks Klas, much appreciated.
  5. cooljrunner

B23.722 Split Level Buildings LOS

In the picture attached, can a unit on Level 1 in the building hex on the hill, see over the top of building hex rising from the ground level? It would seem so since the combination of the hill and building places the unit at Level 2, which is higher than the 1 1/2 level LOS obstacle of the top...
  6. cooljrunner

A10.533 Broken Squad ADJACENT to concealed KEU, is it Eliminated?

Thanks all, I wasn’t sure who got the “last look” in this situation, the broken unit or the concealed unit. Seems it’s the broken unit who can subsequently act (rout) if concealment is dropped. Cheers.
  7. cooljrunner

A10.533 Broken Squad ADJACENT to concealed KEU, is it Eliminated?

Situation is a broken squad, under DM, starts his rout phase in a woods (or a building, doesn’t matter) hex. He is also ADJACENT to a concealed enemy unit. Having read A10.533 the broken squad knows if he routs into the concealed enemy units hex he will be eliminated for ending the Rout Phase...
  8. cooljrunner

Low crawl rout question

The picture I attached is a larger section of the board along with some pieces taken off to remove clutter. Nothing changed that would impact a rout; the core of the discussion is how can the German rout or low crawl to his waiting adjacent leader. I don’t think he can and is bound by rule to...
  9. cooljrunner

Low crawl rout question

Here is the picture illustrating:
  10. cooljrunner

Low crawl rout question

Alluded to, but not pictured, are woods in FF7 at 3MF away, which I think makes FF1 an illegal rout destination at 4MF away. Thus, I believe the broken German unit either must a) Rout to FF7 as it is closest woods/building in MF or b) declare a low crawl and rout in the direction of FF7. Since...
  11. cooljrunner

German SPW 251/2 Halftrack MA - is that treated as a Mortar?

The more I play the less I know! Thanks gents. Can’t believe the depth to this wonderful game.
  12. cooljrunner

German SPW 251/2 Halftrack MA - is that treated as a Mortar?

Said halftrack has an overscored 81mm short barrel MA, which I believe is a mortar, and a handy 3 Rate of Fire, . Vehicle notes say "Treat as a normal OT SP gun for To Hit purposes. The mortar's range is 2-60...." Does this mean: #1 When firing using the Area Target Type it keeps Rate of Fire...
  13. cooljrunner

Halftrack MA CMG - what is the firepower of the attack?

Was hopelessly confused!
  14. cooljrunner

Help me out, I don’t think you could get full rate of fire using the CMG as a machine gun. I thought the CMG could be used as either: 1) the Main Armament or 2) as a vehicular Machine Gun. If used as an MA, then yes, Rate of Fire applies (A9.2). But if used a Vehicular Machine Gun then no ROF...
  15. cooljrunner

Brilliant! Thank you so much.