Recent content by commissarmatt

1. commissarmatt

Onslaught to Orsha 2

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. We had a blast playtesting the original.
  2. commissarmatt

I Now Have Enough Opel Blitz Trucks

Check out Advanced Logistics Leader, written about in our newsletter Bunsen: http://www.texas-asl.com/banzai/bunsen.pdf
  3. commissarmatt

Designers' Response to Desperation Morale Review of "Death To Fascism" scenario pack

Yes, I know. I wasn't planning on doing that, but just hoping that a molotov attack against a real target would create a flame as a side effect.
  4. commissarmatt

Designers' Response to Desperation Morale Review of "Death To Fascism" scenario pack

Sometimes I just put the armor leader on the tank, figuring that the extra fog of war is not worth the chance I'd forget to use his modifier when needed.
  5. commissarmatt

As the Russian defender in BFP93 Klein Stalingrad, I sure wished I could kindle. It would have been nice to set certain chokepoints aflame. It was not allowed, but I did the next best thing, which was to position some special antitank crews with molotovs near those spots, hoping they'd cause...
  6. commissarmatt

WO 2020 Bonus Pack available

That's how I always picture Tom.
  7. commissarmatt

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Just played BFP93 Klein Stalingrad. Good scenario. The Russians get points to purchase fortifications to strengthen a long antitank ditch, and try to hold a small village against some formidable Germans. Lots of fog of war in this one, along with some pretty tough fighting. Tigers...
  8. commissarmatt

That was basically my conclusion after playing one of them. It was a good scenario, by the way. But yeah, the juice didn't seem worth the squeeze on the hidden SW. I could take it or leave it.
  9. commissarmatt

Re-crewing UK AFV, then failing UK roll

Jazz found the answer in a Q&A: Tom Jazbutis From Klas' compiled Q&A: "C7.4 Do Shock/UK results apply to an Abandoned AFV? What happens if a crew enters the Shocked/UK AFV? A. Yes. The crew suffers the fate of the AFV. [Compil5] C7.4 Recent Q&A has stated that Shock/UK results apply even to...
  10. commissarmatt

An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played...
  11. commissarmatt

An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played...
  12. commissarmatt

AP 100 Coal in Their Stocking

As I recall, though, it's harder to do that than it sounds. For one thing, it eats time in a short scenario. For another, there are a lot of hindrances so the shots aren't as great as they seem. When I played it as the Germans, though, I think I brewed up the machinegun halftrack right away...
  13. commissarmatt

AP 100 Coal in Their Stocking

I've lost this as the Americans and won it as the Germans. It looks at first glance like it should be even, but I don't have a clue how to play the Americans in this one.
  14. commissarmatt

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Nice report. I wrote about this one (Preliminary Move) in Banzai. http://texas-asl.com/banzai/banzai24_2.pdf
  15. commissarmatt

‘Best’ large scenario?

I'm partial to the many large scenarios in Crucible of Steel. You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them. Coiled to Strike A Hotly Contested Town Steamroller The Second Belt Burning Down the House Operation Wheatfield