Recent content by commissar1969

1. commissar1969

Commissar Exchange

A25.22 states: 25.22 COMMISSAR: A Commissar is a 9-0 or 10-0 leader with special capabilities. At the start of any scenario (including DYO/Russian Partisans) during or prior to 10/42, the Russian player may replace up to one 8-0 leader with a 9-0 Political Commissar and/or one 8-1 leader with...
  2. commissar1969

Inherent Terrain and Graveyards

Graveyards are Inherent Terrain. However, if I'm firing across an ADJACENT Wall hexside that is also part of a graveyard (i.e. lengthwise) at a target 4 hexes away (e.g. 53P2 --> L2), do I have to count the Graveyard as a Hindrance?
  3. commissar1969

Rally Phase Actions

Can a Squad be deployed (by a leader) AND transfer a SW in the same RPh?
  4. commissar1969

Shooting through a Terrain Blaze

Ah, okay - I was thinking too literally. LOL Thanks.
  5. commissar1969

Thanks, JRV. What you're saying makes perfect sense from a realism perspective. I guess I'm just scratching my head still about the line "Fire has no other effect on LOS." Why do they put it so categorically?
  6. commissar1969

Gentlemen: If I understand the following rule correctly, I can fire right though a Stone Building that is ablaze (It says below that "Fire has no other effect [i.e. other than the Hindrance?] on LOS." Is that correct? If not, why not? 25.2 SMOKE: Any Burning Wreck or terrain Blaze is...
  7. commissar1969

Status on top at start

Thanks, Klas!!
  8. commissar1969

Status on top at start

Gentlemen: I'm about to start a scen with a friend and my vehicles are making HD attempts since they're set up on Crestlines. Once I've established that a vehicle is HD, should that counter not go on the top (he enters from offboard). Is it fair, in other words, to hide the HD status from my...
  9. commissar1969

Why Ammo Vehicles (E10) When AFV Have no B#?

Thanks, guys. I had even checked the Scenario Errata, but I didn't think to check the Vehicle Note!
  10. commissar1969

Why Ammo Vehicles (E10) When AFV Have no B#?

Getting ready to play ASL 78 (Encounter and Cornimont) and am looking at SSR2 which states that the French trucks are Ammo Vehicles. The vehicles in question have a normal breakdown. Why do they need Ammo Trucks? E10.1 even states: " If a vehicle has a B# (D3.71), a SSR may specify that it...
  11. commissar1969

Bunkers

Imagine two adjacent PBs. There is a Trench in one of the two hexes. Can a Unit in a PB use that Trench to Advance directly into the other PB if he's not starting in the Trench? If not, why? The player in question is claiming that the Trench allows the Unit to Advance directly from one PB to...
  12. commissar1969

D6.83 Carrier Removable Armament

I agree. Thanks.
  13. commissar1969

D6.83 Carrier Removable Armament

The first sentence of D6.83 states: "6.83 A Carrier HS/crew may also abandon/re-occupy a Carrier along with the Carrier's MG/ATR/mortar as per 6.631." So if I have a Carrier B, may I remove the MG and the ATR when I abandon the vehicle or do I have to choose between one or the other? In other...
  14. commissar1969

Spotters and Opportunity Fire

The problem of course is that Opportunity Fire causes loss of Concealment.
  15. commissar1969

Spotters and Opportunity Fire

Gents: A Concealed Unit is spotting for a mortar. 2 questions: 1) If I Opportunity Fire the mortar, do I have to Opportunity Fire the concealed Spotter as well (i.e. in order to be able to Opportunity Fire in the AFPh)? 2) If the answer to #1 is yes, does the Spotter lose Concealment?