Recent content by ChrisM

1. ChrisM

Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

Not yet. Night Rules are not popular in my group, which eliminates several scenarios. in the box. I am intrigued though and would like to get one on the table (Maybe ROK and a Hard Place) on the table before year's end.
  2. ChrisM

Vic Provost MIA Explained

Feel better Vic! Have a safe and speedy recovery. One of the great guys in the hobby - haven't met in person yet, but our correspondence over the years has been ever professional, friendly and courteous.
  3. ChrisM

How Often Do You Intensive Fire?

I am defintiely rsing Intensive Fire way more than I used to. You get over that fear of the malf when you get the rush of the kill - and reading JR's article really helped sway my opinion. Last game I played - Eye of the Tiger form the WCW pack, I malf'ed two T-34 tubes hooting at Pumas...
  4. ChrisM

Japanese Scenario Recommendation

Nunshigum [SP125] is a tournament staple and a really good little infantry only firefight. Playable in an evening, it is subtle for both sides and you need to maximize deception and PTO terrain as the Japanese to hold off the more numerous and really tough Gurkhas. Pretty sure this one came out...
  5. ChrisM

Your all time top 10 scenarios

Amen. Exactly what happened to me and my OP tank. Don't know where to put that guy so he can see the village and bring the thunder, without him getting sniped form overwatch.
  6. ChrisM

@ Spencer: J121 Schloss Hemingstein nearly made my list as well. One of my favorites of the past decade. i just couldn't get the pillbox setup correct and the US player rolled my SS - but the Terrain and the situation are fascinating. Surprised I don't see it on more lists.
  7. ChrisM

Top 10 Favorite Original AH Scenarios

Bucholz Station (ASL Classic) even after all these years, still a fave Defiance on Hill 30 (Paratrooper) - one of my favorite paratrooper scenarios White Tigers (Annual 92)- as per the toher thread Cold Crocodiles (Annual 90) - love those FT tanks! The Fugitives (Beyond Valor)- really captures...
  8. ChrisM

10: Bucholz Station (ASL I) GIS in a chow line as the German Bulge offensive breaks over them....get that .50 on the hill and try to slow up the juggernaut - still fun after all these years. 9. Acts of Defiance (A68): Have won and lost it twice with both sides - just so much late war fun and...
  9. ChrisM

What Constitutes being an ASL Player?

I agree with Mr Probst. If you do not fit one of his first three qualifications, you are not an ASL player. anything else - form SK only to Festung Budapest CG only and everything in between - you are an ASL player.
  10. ChrisM

Buchholz Station...

Yeah - those trucks are pretty much just VP for the German. Hide them or get them out of there ASAP. They a re included more for flavor than for game mechanics. Just played this one over the holidays - still holds up after all these years.
  11. ChrisM

Game of Thrones is so overrated

Good call on that Dave. Ramsay really lost face at the end. Finale should be amazing. I love the running theme - both with Cersei and Tyrion about the advisability of using religious fanatics for partisan political ends.
  12. ChrisM

Best time of the year

Tampa played great Friday night , but I think Pens win tonight...and if Bishop is out I don't love their chances in the series. Blues look really good. The one year I don't pick either the Blue or the Sharks to make a deep run - they BOTH exorcise their ghosts and end up in the semis. Typical...
  13. ChrisM

Game of Thrones is so overrated

Season 6 is off and running - and I am enjoying the hell out of it, now that Beniof and Weiss have surpassed Martin and I have little idea where the story si going. First two episodes have been very good and the show looks like it might be in the running for a back-to-back Best Drama Emmy...
  14. ChrisM

NFL PLayoffs 2016

Just wanted to say - the Packers- Cardinals game Saturday night was an absolute classic. Rodger's Hail Mary to tie it was a play for the ages - and Larry Fitzgerald is an ageless wonder. Great stuff. The rest of the weekend went pretty much according to chalk and we are in the unfamiliar...
  15. ChrisM

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Amen, Doc. Preach it. Testify. I walked out of that movie in 1983 as a disillusioned 14 year old - with the sad knowledge that the dreams of childhood were just fantasies that could be whisked away by the stroke of the pen by venal men.