Recent content by chris_olden

1. chris_olden

Scenarios on U Boat Infantry?

“Theirs The Strife” is an excellent book for those interested in the final days of the war on the Western Front, as well as being an outstanding updated version of “No Triumphant Procession”.
  2. chris_olden

Huertgen Forest

In most of the famous/well known photos from the battle, the “managed forest” is well represented. I was reminded of those pictures, a few years back, when driving south from Bend, Oregon, on Highway 97.
  3. chris_olden

Huertgen Forest

Yep. Good stuff to be had, Don. I have about 1/2 a shelf of books on it, down in the library.
  4. chris_olden

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

This is the first time I’ve ever had that many malf’s in one turn. My opponent, Jim, claims my dice tower is cursed, but only for me.🤣
  5. chris_olden

Started a playtest tonight. Russians vs Germans. I’m the Russians. Apparently, gun maintenance was not on the “to do” list; 4 malfs in the first turn. “Double 6s on demand”. 🥵
  6. chris_olden

The last battle

Interesting. How would you represent volksturm squads in ASL?
  7. chris_olden

The last battle

We have Volksturm counters already; 4-3-6s
  8. chris_olden

Yeah. The TOT scenarios only covered the battles described in “No Triumphant Procession”. There were other battles in northern Germany, around Bremen, and Bremerhaven, that involved the Kriegsmarine units. I think I have a couple of books down in my library that might cover those battles. As far...
  9. chris_olden

ToT#2 was full of scenarios featuring the Kriegsmarine formations.
  10. chris_olden

East Front - maps, overlays, scenarios

My experience with the cornfields here in NorCal, is that you ain’t seeing sh_t if it’s 40 yards away from you in the corn.(nearing end of season when the corn is at max height.)
  11. chris_olden

@DonWPetros do you have an SSR for cornfields worked out?
  12. chris_olden

@DonWPetros I can see BK4 and BK6 being used in the scenario I sent you today…🆒
  13. chris_olden

Just finished up a fun SK playtest. Russians vs Germans, late summer ‘43. Panthers, and Tigers running wild. Good times!!
  14. chris_olden

ABTF HASL - Why do you hate it? Why don't you hate it?

I don’t hate ABtF. Cool map, black bad guys counters, extra Brit paras.