Recent content by Chris Netherton

1. Chris Netherton

Premier League 15-16

Well, they've done it... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35988673
  2. Chris Netherton

Premier League 15-16

With Chelsea's implosion there's a good opportunity for someone else to have a run at the title and Leicester have given themselves a real chance. My hunch is that they'd be vulnerable to Vardy or Mahrez getting injured, but they have the opportunity to strengthen in January. Leicester have got...
  3. Chris Netherton

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Episode VII is pretty good.
  4. Chris Netherton

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Am planning to go, not sure when. The buzz seems quite promising, so I'm more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago. I thought the trailers were good, but were definitely pitched to entice people who enjoyed the original trilogy and thought the prequels were crap.
  5. Chris Netherton

$149 GTX 750 Ti Plays Titanfall better than Xbone

I doubt the GTX 750 Ti could support four monitors, unless they were CGA ;) I had to upgrade my BIOS because I got no video output with the card in, either from the motherboard or the GTX 750 Ti. I have an Intel i5-2500K (Sandy Bridge) in a Asus Rock Z68 motherboard. I switched to the GTX...
  6. Chris Netherton

I've been running one for a while now and haven't had any problems. You may not be surprised to hear that I've mostly been been playing Elite so can't comment on its performance with any other games ;) I have an i5-2500K and had to flash my motherboards BIOS in order to get it to work. The other...
  7. Chris Netherton

So the new Maxwell cards are finally out. Anyone thinking of upgrading? I'll wait until the price comes down as I'd like to know what the recommended specs for the OR are going to be before buying a new card. Plus I guess I might want a 4K monitor to go with a new card and I think I'll need a...
  8. Chris Netherton

Steven Moffat/Matt Smith Doctor Who

Yeah, I agree. It was alright, but nothing to get too excited about.
  9. Chris Netherton

Steven Moffat/Matt Smith Doctor Who

That's a bit of miserable comment, unless he was joking of course. I guess everyone loves it, because it was a great episode and introduced the only truly memorable villains since they rebooted the series (as far as I can recall). If you're hankering after David Tennant then apparently he's...
  10. Chris Netherton

The Hobbit

I suppose it was reasonable to cut out Tom Bombadil for the sake of brevity, but Tom Baker would have been perfect... I enjoyed the films, but thought they could have replaced all the pointless 'go west' stuff at the end for the Scouring of the Shire.
  11. Chris Netherton

US Olympic team uniforms scandal

I think that was the Czechs. They also had blue brollies, so I assume that the welly and brolly combination was taking the piss out of the British weather. So top marks to them!
  12. Chris Netherton

US Olympic team uniforms scandal

Well I don't think USA was anywhere near in contention for the gold medal for worst outfit of the parade, that had to be between us and the Swedes. Stella McCartney's ensemble was terrible and Sweden look like they forgot and picked something up from Next instead.
  13. Chris Netherton

World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

How about Dignitas?
  14. Chris Netherton

More bad calls at the Blown Cup -- Is it time for goal line technology?

It does matter to the refs cos if they make a stupid mistake then they go home as well. I would be surprised if the refs that refereed the England/Germany and Mexico/Argentina games get to do another one this tournament. Reffing the World Cup final is a pretty big deal. There's a certain Russian...
  15. Chris Netherton

World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

We had our revenge of sorts in 2002, I just don't want a team led by a man who cheated at two World Cups to win another as a manager.