Recent content by Cherper

1. Cherper

Getting back into the "beautiful game" PBEM game wanted

Thanks for all the responses. I have a couple of games lined up.
  2. Cherper

If I had a local game store I would. I have lots of opponents for other games, they just won't play ASL. And the local store is nothing but Euros, Pokemon, and Warhammer.
  3. Cherper

I am the one in Carson, one of the Reno ones moved years ago.
  4. Cherper

I haven't played in probably 20 years. Been wanting to jump back in. Looking for a small infantry only PBEM to get my feet wet again. I have pretty much everything but the very latest. Turn around would be a file a day or thereabouts.
  5. Cherper

Leaving gamesquad

That was like 5-6 years ago, apparently not only elephants never forget. Almost as bad as an ex-wife. Back when I actually spent anytime moderating. And that was on Don's order that you got the heave-ho for a month.
  6. Cherper

Anyone tried Eclipse Phase?

I have the core book, but like many of my RPGs, sadly it has yet to be played. I really love the fluff of the game.
  7. Cherper

Harpoon 4

Mike, I was reading about the new rules for Harpoon that are due out and they sound really good. I have played 4.1 and it is a slog. Too much time spent on calculating everything. The new rules are streamlined eliminating all the headaches with aircraft, fuel usage, loadout, etc.. They...
  8. Cherper

Red Dead Redemption 2

I have to say that the game is great. The animation is amazing and the world is beautiful. The only thing that drives me nuts is that you can't fast travel back to camp. Only from camp and then by stage or rail between cities. Arthur spends so much time riding his horse that my ass is...
  9. Cherper

So who's playing Battletech?

I was a kickstarter backer and the game is great. A few issues here and there, but they do seem to be releasing patches for it. There is a path forward from the game, where they will be releasing add-ons to get to the Clans at some point.
  10. Cherper

The Division Beta

Anybody playing The Division beta on PS4? If you want to connect let me know.
  11. Cherper

Incredible finish to LSU vs. Tennessee game

LSU's biggest problem is their offensive coordinator, Gary Crowton. The guy is the mad scientist type and he can't help but tinker. His offense is potent the first time around, but once it is seen, it really starts to taper off. That is what is happening now. Everyone in the SEC has seen the...
  12. Cherper

Anyone here practice martial arts or boxing?

Football count?
  13. Cherper

The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the Earth is one of the best books I have ever read. It is long, but the depth of the story is amazing. You get to see the sacrifice as these early-medieval builders learn their craft. Well worth reading. I don't have Starz so I can't comment on the series. I will have to...
  14. Cherper

Napoleonic era movies

I liked the A&E Napoleon mini-series. While there are a few glitches, overall the series is well done and Christian Clavier is excellent as Napoleon and Isabella Rossellini as Josephine is also good.
  15. Cherper

The Saints Did It!

I wonder what the line will be on the rioting in New Orleans. Over/Under 100 arrests?