Recent content by ChappyNS

1. ChappyNS

SASL VotG CG IV AAR

Yes, we all need more lifetimes to play everything we'd like!
  2. ChappyNS

SASL VotG CG IV AAR

Hey man! It has been awhile - I used to publish my RCR campaign (using your campaign design) on here a couple years back. It has been that long since I played SASL! I got into other games like Old School Tactical, Gloomhaven, and ASL face-to-face with some local guys. I do miss it though. Wow...
  3. ChappyNS

Mission #9 - A Coy/RCR Campaign, Sicily to Ortona, Italy, 1943

If I may, I would like to add some actual regimental history to this particular mission. I visited Ortona in 2011 and the photos below are mine. Please note that I named CSM Sterlin in my campaign after Lt Mitch Sterlin who earned regimental fame on 8/9 December and which I will detail below...
  4. ChappyNS

MISSION #9 RESULTS This was the bloodiest battle of the campaign so far, and if it wasn’t for the heavy rains it would have been worse. The terrain wasn’t favourable for the advancing Germans who had to expose themselves repeatedly in order to exit the map. The Germans lost 120 men (most in...
  5. ChappyNS

TURN 11 (GER) Zoll thought about the deaths of the four leaders he had just witnessed in the last few minutes. It was shocking - so many so quickly - and the men were feeling it. Their morale was sinking and he had the eerie feeling that his company had shot its load for today. Zoll...
  6. ChappyNS

TURN 10 (GER) Major Zoll got Sgt Metz calmed down and ordered him forward with his remaining men. At the same time, Capt Bowman and his men got a grip on themselves and were ready for new developments. Sgt Schwartz grabbed his ten men and together they sprinted through the mud in the...
  7. ChappyNS

TURN 9 (GER) Major Zoll was concerned about the sudden arrival of the Canadian reinforcements - those large mortars could pack a heavy punch and he needed them gone. Hastily he rallied his MG42 crew, and hastily they engaged one of the new mortars. But the rounds were wild and over the...
  8. ChappyNS

Hello to Nova Scotia

Welcome von Garvin! Hey I didn't know you were a Yank! (lol, see your country flag on your posts)
  9. ChappyNS

Are VASL 651 and VASSAL 341 Compatible

Agreed. I upgraded VASSAL to 3.4.1 but it wouldn't play VASL 6.5.1. Solution? Install a VASSAL 3.4.1 for newer updated games, and install VASSAL 3.2.17 for VASL 6.5.1. Two VASSALs!
  10. ChappyNS

TURN 8 (GER) A bloody turn for everyone....... Liddell noted several MG42s with the advancing forces; one of them, the closest, had just opened up on him and 1 Pl and so they adjusted their position quickly - but that was when disaster struck... Maj Zoll watched the tracer rounds from the...
  11. ChappyNS

TURN 7 (GER) Maj Zoll's company had mostly moved to the south of the Canadians, and were moving along the wood line in the rain. The men appreciated the cover from the elements as they moved from tree to tree. They knew the Canadians were somewhere beyond the woods. Maj Liddell had all...
  12. ChappyNS

I have been out of service recently....local vacation travel, NHL playoffs, and personal things requiring immediate attention. A Coy is back now! TURN 6 (GER) Maj Zoll was embarrassed beyond measure as he got a grip on himself and began to command his company again. Did anyone notice his...
  13. ChappyNS

Thanks Mike. Yeah I watch you tube videos for lots of things like that. Inkscape eh? I may...

Thanks Mike. Yeah I watch you tube videos for lots of things like that. Inkscape eh? I may give that a look. Cheers
  14. ChappyNS

Hey DD! I am enjoying your AAR...keep up the good work I really like the way you use those...

Hey DD! I am enjoying your AAR...keep up the good work I really like the way you use those "bubble" statements on your map. Do you mind telling me what software you are using to create that effect? I may try something similar with my AAR. Thanks and keep up the AAR! Mark