Recent content by Capt. Batguano

1. Capt. Batguano

Do you ever lose your temper while playing ASL?

Yes I've lost my temper but only with a long time friend and long time FtF opponent who also loses his temper. It can get pretty heated and we remain friends (and still play) but I imagine it would look pretty funny to someone else. Example: I don't quite remember what scenario we were playing...
  2. Capt. Batguano

How Often Do You Intensive Fire?

"How often do you Intensive Fire" First half of the scenario, almost never. Last half of the scenario, almost always.
  3. Capt. Batguano

Newb Review of Forgotten War: Two-Toned Counters Blow

The idea behind two-tone counters is to allow multiple nationalities to use the same "?" concealment counters without one being able to tell what kind of counter(?) lay beneath them. So, for example, Hungarians could use German "?" counters and if you had a scenario using both Hungarian and...
  4. Capt. Batguano

GoFundMe for Chas Argent and family

Done. For personal reasons I have a soft spot for sick kids. Get better Nicolas.
  5. Capt. Batguano

Crazy dummy shenanigans

That's the key point imo. There's really only so far a play could abuse this because it works no different than if the dummy stacks were actual units - which your opponent is not supposed to know about. So when they split, they need to split like real concealed units. When they come back...
  6. Capt. Batguano

Best counter storage system ever!!!!!!!!!

Convenience <> better
  7. Capt. Batguano

What is your main ASL pastime?

Face to face. Man to man. "Close Combat". Eye to eye.
  8. Capt. Batguano

Hedge artwork and TEM

Can't you just trim the hedge?
  9. Capt. Batguano

New member here

The fights just appear. They don't actually have to have a specific instigation. And with that, welcome to the forum!;)
  10. Capt. Batguano

Quality Of The Latest ASL Designs

Speaking of...when is the MMP overlay pack coming out? :-)
  11. Capt. Batguano

Favorite SW and Ordnance in ASL,and why?

81/82mm mortars and the 60mm mortar. Super nasty weapons and versatile with smoke,WP, star shell. Nice range. Sure HMGs have a ROF of 3 as well, (and they can set up in a building which is a major advantage over the MTR), but for some reason I always seem to have more ROFs streaks with the mortars.
  12. Capt. Batguano

Quality Of The Latest ASL Designs

Bingo. I think the scenarios have improved but I do miss the larger ones. Still, Bloody Red Beach, Texas Flood...they're still being made. For a while I thought that perhaps the trend towards smaller scenarios was based on the idea that a smaller scenario was easier to make balanced? But I have...
  13. Capt. Batguano

WO12 "Heart Of Wilderness" Question on Setup Area

Wow. That was fast. I agree with the colon interpretation.