Recent content by bprobst

1. bprobst

ASL in Chengdu, Sichuan, China - 20 & 21 April 2019

I'm not the TD, but if I was, I'd be thinking that the characteristics of "Jungle Debris" are described in SSR 1: "exactly like Light Jungle except it is inherent terrain, is a half-level LOS hindrance instead of a two-level LOS obstacle, and Air Bursts are NA". [All of this makes it different...
  2. bprobst

Overlay extension -- H3 (hillock) issue

There is a problem with the H3 overlay. It's a bit hard to describe, but basically the locating numbers of the overlay (i.e., the 1-2) swap positions depending on how the overlay is rotated. I.E. default orientation is "1-2", rotate cw still "1-2", rotate again it becomes "2-1". Which is more...
  3. bprobst

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

He means that you've spent a lot of time blathering about how you think the question is absurd, but you appear to have spent no time whatsoever thinking about the meaning of the question and what is it about the wording of the rules that prompted the original question in the first place. We're...
  4. bprobst

I have already described the exact context/situation that prompted the original Q in this thread.
  5. bprobst

They can be, but are not necessarily so. Ground-level and 1st-level of a multi-level building would be adjacent, but ground level and 2nd-level (or higher) would not be. The concept of hexes side-by-side remains, but they are in the vertical plane (as if the boards were three-dimensional). I...
  6. bprobst

Firstly, when discussing ADJACENT, never ever talk about "hexes". You are always talking about "Locations". DO NOT CONFUSE THESE TWO TERMS. As JR has alluded to above, there are many examples where it is important in actual game play as to whether units in the same Location are "ADJACENT"...
  7. bprobst

Red Factories overlays

Probably best to cut each hex of the map individually, and then screw them into the table. The screw heads become the new centre dots.
  8. bprobst

AREA : a small info

Maybe, but for me to underestimate its value I would first have to understand what its value is supposed to be. Nobody has yet managed to explain that elusive quality. I would want to look up my AREA rating because I am interested in ... what, exactly? I would want to look up someone else's...
  9. bprobst

Err ... has it? The whole ASL community? Every single ASL player, everywhere in the world? I think you are grossly overestimating the value of the system, even it were functioning perfectly and completely, 100% up-to-date -- and of course neither of those things are true. Personally, I'm...
  10. bprobst

I'll bet you $10,000 dollars that he doesn't. I'd be quite surprised to discover, for instance, that the AREA ratings have ever included the results of any Australian tournament. I'd be astonished to learn that the results for every other tournament played anywhere in the world, no matter...
  11. bprobst

Malayan Campaign Scenario Recommendations

Umm ... the St Louis Club's Burma package is an excellent ASL product, but Malaya and Burma are different countries. The OP request was for Malayan Campaign scenarios, not any old PTO offerings.
  12. bprobst

Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

I would not characterise that as a true statement, unless by "all" you mean "some". The general practice in most Australian tournaments is to not tell the participants what the scenarios are until they turn up on the day. I don't know enough about the specifics for tournaments in other regions...
  13. bprobst

ROK Japanese MTR

Huh. Clearly I was missing something, as I had yet another look at the ROK dm weapon counters and this time managed to spot the dm 50mm MTR counters that I failed to see on several previous attempts.
  14. bprobst

Forgotten War counters expanded into regular ASL

Why would we expect that? (I have no idea what the 2-8 LMG is supposed to represent.)
  15. bprobst

ROK Japanese MTR

Finally getting around to sorting my KW counters. Did I miss something, or are there no dm 50mm MTR counters for ROK? There's no ordnance notes indicating that they can't be dm. I had ... questions ... regarding some of the SW counter allocations for the various nationalities ("Why are BCFK...