Recent content by bluedogpete

1. bluedogpete

Stuck - please help

On the main VASL screen (with the boards), go to the top left 'button'. The one with the ASL soldier in silhouette and orange colour background. Select this and then: 'Dice over the map toolbar' and 'Toolbar activation on/off'
  2. bluedogpete

VASL6.6.2 officially released

In a flash of thought, I suddenly realised that we wouldn't be playing this game (ASL) if Hitler had not taken a 'because I like it' stance. World War II may never have happened. No cardboard tanks. Likewise there was a lot within the German Reich, without going into detail, that was considered...
  3. bluedogpete

HOB during movement

I've been following the discussions earlier and the logic that appears to have reached some sort of concensus. Namely that movement can continue and MF are restored. (CMIIW) So I consulted my nice new shiny eASLRB: A10.4 BROKEN UNITS: "...Broken units may neither attack in any way nor move...
  4. bluedogpete

Cool SASL resources

Just dropped you an email re GSASL campaigns mentioned above. Hope they help.
  5. bluedogpete

Allocation of new mtr spotter

I recall the following from the 2nd Edition Rules ASOP: "... Should the order of actions given in the body of the rules conflict with the ASOP, the latter takes precedence. ..." As the ASOP is, I believe, considered part of the rulebook, then this could well have a bearing on the issue.
  6. bluedogpete

Czerniakow Bridgehead

@ForgetFullPhil Peter Kossits Solo ASL files may be found here
  7. bluedogpete

Glad you got sorted. Yeah, you're welcome to contact me.

Glad you got sorted. Yeah, you're welcome to contact me.
  8. bluedogpete

Hi funkymuppet, I'm in the UK, currently diving into ASL. Have played ASLSK 1, some SK2 and...

Hi funkymuppet, I'm in the UK, currently diving into ASL. Have played ASLSK 1, some SK2 and very little of SK3. Once a week sounds fine to me - or whenever is suitable. As we're new to it, I'd consider it a learning game rather than competitive. Have done a few games online to USA East Coast...
  9. bluedogpete

To Be or Not To Be - That is the RF question

Thanks both for the speedy, full and clear responses. Much appreciated.
  10. bluedogpete

To Be or Not To Be - That is the RF question

Playing two different players, two different games. Their interpretations of whether Residuals are placed or not could be deemed as follows: 1 Residual markers are placed whenever an attack occurs and an effective result is obtained on the IFT 2 Residual markers are placed whenever an attack...
  11. bluedogpete

Hobbits in the Trenches!

This documentary is absolutely excellent. I had the opportunity back in November to watch it on BBC here in the UK. The work on the old footage is tremendous and very effective/natural. As Peter Jackson mentioned, it removes that 'Charlie Chaplin' effect and perception that people have of World...
  12. bluedogpete

Thank you for taking the time to search your system and respond. With the benefit of hindsight...

Thank you for taking the time to search your system and respond. With the benefit of hindsight and experience, I would now prefer to withdraw my association with the request.
  13. bluedogpete

I am writing on behalf of an ASL gaming friend of mine who has been unable to activate his...

I am writing on behalf of an ASL gaming friend of mine who has been unable to activate his registration. From Ian Kenney I hope you can help with a problem completing my Gamesquad registration under the username: ikenney and email: ikenney@ntlworld.com I did this a month or so ago but despite...