Recent content by Binchois

1. Binchois

Duel at Reuler

I'm not sure if the weather condition "Mud" should be assumed. Given that the SSR only says that "Mud EC" are in effect, I wouldn't play otherwise. But as it happens, Mud EC is apparently sufficient to cause a Bog check on unpaved roads: Q. (D8.23) Since Deep Snow is a weather condition (like...
  2. Binchois

British Carrier Note Q

Note Q is exactly and entirely as I cited it above. It is merely another British Multi-Applicable Vehicle Note which happens to apply to some Carriers and, yes, Carrier-like (in a rules sense) vehicles. But it is not the Carrier note. This would, in fact, be subsection D6.8-.84. And you're...
  3. Binchois

British Carrier Note Q

British MAVN Note Q applies to many of the nation's Carriers: Q. The ATR has a maximum To Hit range of 12 hexes (as signified by "[12]TH" on the counter) and may be Scrounged/Removed. If optional, it is always available and has a 1.1 RF. If listed as MA, it has a "1" Multiple ROF. If it is a...
  4. Binchois

Canister vs empty vertex

This probably should be ruled on by Perry. As I said above, I would guess that one of the actual target hexes (the three hexes which join to form the vertex aiming point) should be visible to the Firer since Canister is a Direct Fire weapon (requiring LOS to a target). For the adjacent...
  5. Binchois

Canister vs empty vertex

I think I understand your question, and it poses some interesting problems. To focus on the main point, let's first assume that all LOS is somehow clear and that the AFV is already facing the target(s) - turret spine set NE: pointing along the P10/010 hexside). You would like to fire Canister...
  6. Binchois

B9.34 ...when is a wall hex non-open ground

I agree with your last sentence! In general, OG is negated by the presence of a hindrance or TEM-providing Location/hexside. This is not dependent upon the existence of a final DRM/drm. So, for example, a FL receives no hindrance modifier from crossed grain or brush, though that same grain or...
  7. Binchois

Control of burning terrain question

I see - and excuse my ignorance. There seems to be no other interpretation than your first one, then.
  8. Binchois

THIS, I could not find. If true, then I would agree that during the scenario, all sides lose control of N21 when it becomes a blaze. Control of it passes to whomever controls the majority of adjacent Locations.
  9. Binchois

B9.34 ...when is a wall hex non-open ground

It is saying - however convoluted it sounds! - that a unit gets +2 TEM for a wall or a +1 TEM for a hedge against indirect fire, regardless of whether the line of fire actually crosses that wall/hedge. The TEM is, however, reduced by 1 for indirect fire (so +1 TEM wall / +0 TEM hedge). Finally...
  10. Binchois

I don't think this is correct. If the question was on control for VC purposes - If N21 was required for to fulfill VC - then control of the hex would pass to whomever controlled the majority of adjacent hexes (as per A26.161-.162). If building control was in consideration for VC purposes, then...
  11. Binchois

While I might need to know more specific SSR and VC, I can say the following as presented by you: 1) The "unintentional" blazes which result from HE attacks do not forfeit control as do those from kindling. However, 2) Your intrepid 4-6-7 does indeed control the ground-level Location N21. It...
  12. Binchois

Published in English for the first time - Stalingrad by Vasily Grossman review – one of the great novels of the 20th century.

This is great news. I read Life and Fate (nyrb) about 10 years ago (somewhere on Gamesquad are my thoughts about it). And while its epic sweep moves well beyond the city, its focal point is the time we spend in Stalingrad - between the scenarios and the CGs - crawling through the cellars, the...
  13. Binchois

Vehicle actions while in a melee hex

The vehicle is not held melee, so it may make a motion attempt. However, if the vehicle is the only unit that is holding the enemy in melee, those would be immediately released from melee if the attempt is successful (A11.7) I also believe that the vehicle can make a Smoke Dispenser attempt in...
  14. Binchois

Case A for turreted weapons

I see you're already laying the legal groundwork for the class action lawsuits coming your way! Lawyer up everyone. This guy plays hardball!
  15. Binchois

Case A for turreted weapons

WARNING: Shameless plug for a product that promotes counter addiction! Was your last job with Big Pharma!?