Recent content by Binchois

1. Binchois

Tactical tip: no "partial" leading of multi-Location FG

Hear hear! I have been convinced of this (by you and others), though I must admit finding the reasoning a bit ambiguous. The main problem is with whether the RB ever really states that "directing" fire is exactly equivalent to "applying a Leadership DRM." I'd be happy to hear your thoughts JR...
  2. Binchois

Same results or RS on Infantry Type Fire?

A single hit is scored versus both units using the same results DR. The situation really isn't any different than the following example (as per C3.4, 3.6, and 3.7): Let's say your Final TH# was 7. There's two squads in the Location: one concealed (so with a Case K applicable - +2). For this...
  3. Binchois

Same results or RS on Infantry Type Fire?

Seems pretty clear in the RB. If the "Improbable Hit" scores a CH, then RS would be needed to selects which unit in the Location is hit. OTOH, any non-CH would affect both targets: C3.6 ...Both hull and turret hits are considered normal hits vs non-vehicular targets.
  4. Binchois

Different KIA results vs. units in the same Location resolution

If separate DRM result in separate effects - EX: a 1KIA vs units outside plus a 3MC vs units inside an entrenchment - those effects would only be applied to the units which received that result. So the 3MC units would not be broken by the 1KIA units just as the 1KIA units would not take the 3MC...
  5. Binchois

Opportunity Fire

But that is not how the ASLRB currently reads. What it now says - "A Leader directing fire is marked with an appropriate Fire counter." - may intend to say that a leader must have ALSO been marked "OPP FIRE" or else not be able to participate (which would be my preference), but that would...
  6. Binchois

Opportunity Fire

Since the leader could move during the MPh into the OPP FIRE Location and direct that fire without any penalty, I see no reason why he can't remain concealed in the Location from the start. ...that said, I am not a fan of the rules as interpreted above. I would prefer that the leader must be...
  7. Binchois

CX and Overstacking (A5.11)?

The EXample (third sentence) refers to the latter squad advancing into the Location (not moving). During the APh, you must become CX if you expend 4 or greater MFs to enter a Location: A4.72 vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN: An advance into any hex whose MF cost (excluding SMOKE) is ≥ four MF or all of a...
  8. Binchois

War Stories: Tell your tales from the ASL battlefield

Ah! Those things we notice only after it's too late... While I can't recall ever sending OBA against my own men (at least not with such triumphant glee), I certainly know the inner-rage which boils once you realize that your tank - you know, the one that was just wrecked after slugging it out...
  9. Binchois

A 19.131 Fire Group with WSs

A19.131 was corrected since the 1st edition ASLRB: A19.131.... Unit Replacement does not occur as a result of a 12 To Hit DR, but A.11 would apply because all SW Original B#/X# [EXC: DC] and Ammunition Depletion Numbers are decreased by one during an Ammunition Shortage. All vehicles and Guns...
  10. Binchois

Rate the scenario or CG above you.

Does THIS fit the bill?
  11. Binchois

First link in the chain ("How to Break a Scenario in One Move"): The game was DB127, "Grand Hotel Britannia," from a DftB42 - a fine little tournament scenario using half of Board 45. In a clever twist, the game starts both Germans and British fairly equally matched within the Victory Building...
  12. Binchois

By special request, I hereby initiate a thread for ASL "war stories," intended to elicit some quick scenario experiences plus tales of glory, roller-coaster swings of fortune, epic defeats, and unprecedented feats of heroism. To take a cue from Honza's fun "chain threads," I thought we'd make a...
  13. Binchois

I get it Honza, and I too regret the criticism. Like Tuomo, I was expecting this thread to elicit a bunch of brief AARs, tournament reminiscences, plus other "war stories." Just my personal preference... As I said, folks can make what they will of the place. ...I still think it's a great idea...
  14. Binchois

...perhaps a little harsh (people should feel free to make use of the Forum as they see fit - within standard rules of etiquette, of course), but I completely agree with you!
  15. Binchois

Kock Strong

This falls under A2.3 on half-hexes: A2.3...Units allowed to set up/enter anywhere on a given board may set up/enter on that board's half-hexes only if the half-hex is either part of another board on which it is also allowed to set up/enter or is not butted against another half-hex. [NOTE: the...