Recent content by Bill Cirillo

1. B

Bitter Ender ASL Tournament April 18, 2024 through Sunday April 21, 2024

Ray, Thanks! Really disappointed that I will be missing this year's tournament! All the best! Bill
  2. B

kohlenklau's games with a buddy (AAR summary)

When I was at MMP's Winter Offensive Tournament earlier this year, MMP was selling various individual ASL game components for $1.00 each. Included in this mix were full sets of the 17 scenarios that came in Festung Budapest. You might want to reach out to MMP directly and see if they would be...
  3. B

MMP 2024 ASL Production Forecast released:

What?! :) Actually, I would LOVE to see some sort of graphic (a pie chart should suffice) on the ASL community's cumulative time spent per year on varying activities. While I would LOVE to see "playing" as the #1 ranked ASL activity, I'm now really curious on where it would actually rank...
  4. B

Bitter Ender ASL Tournament April 18, 2024 through Sunday April 21, 2024

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be out west watching the total eclipse and then heading to points west, so I'm not going to make it this year. 😢
  5. B

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Small world. :-) Jeff and Dave reached out about being on their "The 2 Half-Squads" podcast a couple weeks ago, so nothing finalized yet, but Sean Deller and I indicated that we would definitely be interested.
  6. B

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I'll see if I can find my picture of when it happened to me (the first time)...
  7. B

Yes, the two "Early Twilight" scenarios were crafted by Tom Morin (of Valor of the Guards fame). Knowing that the NKVD were going to be rolled into the official ASL Core System, Sean Deller and I reached out to Tom to see if he would be interested in providing a scenario for the product. Tom was...
  8. B

Overlay X31

That probably won't help as that is my day job and even I don't know where X31 is. :)
  9. B

Overlay X31

X31 is the overlay equivalent of board 77.
  10. B

Scott, Sounds like an approach that works for you. BTW, there are Rail Car counters, not sure if you'll want those or not.
  11. B

And to attempt to further clarify, the Late War SS rules are the same rules as used for the SS in the HASLs A Bridge Too Far and Festung Budapest. The NKVD are the same rules as used in VotG" The debris rules were taken from RB/VotG/Festung Budapest. The Rail Car (printed on an overlay and/or...
  12. B

They could potentially serve that purpose. It's just that these particular cards are scenario specific in that the Ordnance is listed and the Range to Target is always fixed for these mechanics. Sean Deller and I thought that this mechanism provided a simpler alternative to the current OBA...
  13. B

Hey Scott. I hope that you are doing well. As one of the designers with a "penchant" for designing complicated scenarios I would say that the complexity ranges from pretty "meat-n-potatoes" to "advanced" ASL. The intent was to put something in the box for everyone. Are most of the scenarios...
  14. B

Volksgrenadeirs in Twilight of the Reich

Okay, great. I just wanted to make sure that I understood your question correctly. As an FYI, the ASL Chapter A rules addition for Volksgrenadiers do only mention the addition of the 5-3-7 squad type. I feel that it is more appropriate for the scenario designer to formulate the actual...
  15. B

Volksgrenadeirs in Twilight of the Reich

Klas, I was going to ask the same question. Or, is the question, when a Volksgrenadier unit was represented in a TotR scenario, are there also 4-4-7 2nd line MMCs present? If that is the question, then yes, that is the case.