Recent content by bendizoid

1. bendizoid

Quotes

Don’t break it if it ain’t fixed.
  2. bendizoid

True life story

A few years ago I was taking a nap in my bedroom. I lightly woke up and looked around from my bed. I had the most strange feeling that I was being watched. Now fully awake, I scanned the room for whatever might be lurking, getting goose pimples thinking “I must be getting crazy, paranoid...
  3. bendizoid

Help! 155mm CH

Is it on the infantry type target ? Was your final DR <1/2 the final TH # ? Did you make a subsequent dr to determine a CH ?
  4. bendizoid

Was the 30th Infantry Division the best American division of WW2?

The marines bestowed the 77th as a ‘marine’ division, extremely rare and high praise. The 77th was made up of old dudes, hence the unofficial moniker ‘Old Bastards’, average age +10 years above standard divisions, an experiment. Turned out to be an extremely...
  5. bendizoid

Was the 30th Infantry Division the best American division of WW2?

I’m going with the ‘Old Bastards’ 77th Marine Division.
  6. bendizoid

Trail Break Using Armored Assault

Bummer
  7. bendizoid

Timing of Failure to Rout

Sorry, what does that mean ? ok, after inspection I see what Perry said. Answer ‘B’ in my question above, post #7.
  8. bendizoid

Timing of Failure to Rout

How does voluntary break work? A) ATTACKER voluntary breaks then the DEFENDER voluntary breaks, then the ATTACKER routs followed by DEFENDER routs. or B) ATTACKER voluntary breaks and routs and then the DEFENDER voluntary breaks and routs. or C) some other permutation I haven’t conceived.
  9. bendizoid

Either/Or Game

Just to be sure, a ROF of 3 weapon with 6 FP yields a smidge less than 2 shots per turn and yields about 12 FP/turn. A 2 ROF yields 1.5. Something like extrapolating 1/X +1/(X^2)+1/(X^3)…goes to 1/(X-1) so 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 … goes to 1. 1/3 + 1/9 + 1/27 … goes to 1/2. I’ll take 3 lmgs please...
  10. bendizoid

HIP units and how to remember where they are...

I put mine in tank B or BB, go figure.
  11. bendizoid

ASL Maxims

I see what you mean, seems the +1 shots are on the line sometimes but most of the time more shots are better. I’ll take multi shots at 0 TEM all day. Of course situational, like a 5 or 6 SAN, etc might change things.
  12. bendizoid

ASL Maxims

Yes it is, I just want to, as simply as possible, succinctly state a general principal so people will read and understand without 3-7 paragraphs to confuse the issue.
  13. bendizoid

ASL Maxims

For targets with +2 TEM or higher use big attacks, fire groups. For +1 or lower use as many attacks as possible.
  14. bendizoid

Does the Lee use the Green Grant gun 75 TK #

Feel safe to say they are the same. The British changed the turret not the 75mm sponson gun. Still, the 75 is a huge leap in firepower compared to the typical MA on a British tank at the time of its introduction: the 40L.
  15. bendizoid

An Armor Leader Alone in a Tank: his options.

The tank does not retain concealment because it is not in concealment terrain. Not the same as infantry, infantry would keep concealment. Common error. Next time use an orchard.