Recent content by bendizoid

1. bendizoid

Torpedoes again

They found that a 45 degree attack was best, the Torpedo would detonate. 90 degree strikes tended to bounce and fizzle.
  2. bendizoid

ASLOK 2019 photos

Hell to Eternity and the ‘Pied piper of Saipan’ super hero Guy Gabaldon.
  3. bendizoid

Handgun at ASLOK

My old highschool wargame group called it ‘declaring civil disorder’.
  4. bendizoid

Handgun at ASLOK

My bad, I don’t do that anymore. Once I threw my dice at Mike Ziemetz. Luckily he ducked.
  5. bendizoid

Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

Just accept that about 1/5 games of competent play is discided by luck entirely.
  6. bendizoid

ASLOK 2019 photos

Indeed, that was my initial impression ‘most Seussian’ , lol. Luckily that bounding die rolled right down the river.
  7. bendizoid

ASLOK 2019 photos

Gor Gor’s latest invention, it worked fine for our 2 games, I recall only one ‘skip out’.
  8. bendizoid

Handgun at ASLOK

There are police officers and federal marshals that play ( I’m not going to name drop but im kinda certain they all know each other) or a conceal carry that slipped up, I’d say we’re kinda safe. I had a Chicago cop roommate once who kept a loaded 38 in the night stand and let me know so I didn’t...
  9. bendizoid

ASLOK XXXIV - Official TD AAR

The second to last attack in the game was the coolest(for me I guess), in desperation my 9-2 directed the 9-1 with a lmg for a 2 -2 into the adjacent gully against 3 Russian 6-2-8 goons (getting ready to advance into the victory area and a probable victory for Bill) and rolled a snake eyes and...
  10. bendizoid

ASLOK XXXIV - Official TD AAR

Looking at Fish’s gear there got me a little verclempt and by the time my last game with Bill was over I was exhausted mentally and emotionally, literally broke down crying. I finally beat Bill and it took everything I had, pushed myself to new limits. lol. Thanks Brett and Bill for running a...
  11. bendizoid

The British European Referendum

Why don’t you guys just leave the EU and then quickly rejoin? Sounds like a good compromise to me.
  12. bendizoid

Sry to Ask - but can a Vehicle setup at game start in a Stone Building?

I like it better after the DR, that way you can be +3 and hull down. There other rules that allow choices after the DR is made.
  13. bendizoid

Tournament rules at ASLOK?

I’ve only had to demand to see a HIP sheet once and that was my own HIP sheet.
  14. bendizoid

Which rule do you want to change?

Patton~ “My men don’t dig foxholes. I don’t want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don’t give the enemy time to dig one either.”