Recent content by basil

1. B

Looking for an opponent

Nemo - I am willing to play, but may only be able to commit to 2-3 rounds per week. I can play as Axis. If interested, please send me an e-mail to send out first round for Axis. I am open ended on house rules. Thanks, Basil
  2. B

looking for EA house rules

I used to have a copy of the house rules (an old Word doc) for the EA scenario, but lost them when my HD crashed last year. Does anyone have a copy to provide or could someonse provide a link on where to find this doc? Thanks in advance.
  3. B

EA balance under 3.4

Having been playing one game against Matt and another against another similarly matched player, I've been getting 2-4 combat phases per round and sometimes more. In instances where I have had attack odds of 7-1 or greater against a redlined unit, I was still struggling to either get the...
  4. B

Basra -Axis capture - Allied supply and unit effects?

This explains things clearly for me. Thanks Secadegas.
  5. B

No. If you click on the Brandenburger German special forces unit and then the list of other units in that formation, you'll find a reference to a "Tigers" unit that is structured similarly to the supply depots you see listed for capture of Maikop, Grozny and Baku. If you see the hex location...
  6. B

OK. I just captured Basra as the Axis in late 1940. No declaration of war against Russia yet. My review of the Axis supply units suggests that the "Tigers" supply depot should release substantial numbers of high proficiency tanks into the Axis pool. However, they have yet to appear. Does...
  7. B

Thanks Mark. I understand this clearly now.
  8. B

So I can assume the Indian units remaining on the map upon an Axis capture of Basra would stay intact by would not replenish new men/equipment or supply, thus making them quite vulnerable on movement or being attacked, correct? Thanks
  9. B

In the event that the Axis forces capture Basra and in addition to the extra tanks that Axis forces would received, does the disruption in supply cause the Allied player to have his Indian commonweath units removed from the game? If not, how are Indian and/or other British Commonwealth forces...
  10. B

EA on 3.4.202

Based on the commentary thus far, is there a general consensus that the new patch for EA may be resulting in some less than historically realistic results. I have not made the new patch yet, out of consideration to an existing game I have been playing for several months. Other than perhaps...
  11. B

EA opponent wanted

If you want to play Axis, go ahead and e-mail your first round to "tgibson16@cox.net". If you prefer Allies, send me your e-mail address and I'll get the first Axis round out to you this weekend. Thanks
  12. B

EA opponent wanted

Looking for an opponent for 3.2 version. Willing to play either allies or axis (2-4 turns per week).
  13. B

Beta 3.4 patch question

I am currently playing 2 games of EA. In one of them, my opponent just upgraded to the 3.4 beta patch, which prevented me from opening the last PBEM turn he sent me since I do not have that patch installed yet. I have another game with an opponent who has not installed the new patch either...
  14. B

Allied Winter Shock

No more than the Desert Fox benefits in N.A. from Barbarossa. I think it the shocks and bonuses generally play out evenly in the end.
  15. B

EA Eastern Crusade question

Thanks for the answer Secadegas. I think this makes sense with your explanation. Sometime when your EA calendar is clear, perhaps we could play an EA Eastern Crusade game. I still owe you a game from several months ago, which I unfortunately had to break off due to house move and work...