Recent content by Arnhem

1. A

Korsun '44 - Campaign Game

Hiya Paulinski, Glad to hear you like the AAR. I don't have that many tubes to go around, apart from divisional assets there are a few corps and army level tubes spread out along the line. Most of them are full strength and I'm doing the disruption dance and getting my licks in but there's...
  2. A

Well, I am trying to play as close to historical as I can, ie. the loony in Berlin is telling me to stand my ground. Playing with the benefit of hindsight affects my decision making quite a bit, I'm trying to play it from the POV of an army commander who knows what assets he has and is reacting...
  3. A

Having never played past turn 2 of any scenario for K44, I’m going to do something a little different for this AAR. Instead of just reporting turns, I’m going to let you guys have a peek into how I approach the scenario, of course, without giving too much away to my erstwhile opponent! This...
  4. A

Campaign Game Alt #2 - German units in the pocket are fixed, 24th Pz arrives earlier. Following rules ON : Artillery Setup, Recon Spotting, Virtual Supply Trucks, Low Visibility Air Effects, Locking Zones of Control, Counterbattery Fire, Night Fatigue, Programmed Weather Allied player ...
  5. A

Steel Rain - Fulda Gap '85 Campaign Game (dannybou vs Arnhem)

Quick update here as I didn't record details of my last turn. The red tide has swamped Wurzburg, am falling back under the onslaught of at least 4 Divs, 2 of which are TDs. I have a slight qualitive edge but am defintely on the losing end of the numbers game, stand and fight or sting and run...
  6. A

Ruth! Ruth! Ruth! We March! - Feld Marshal Arnhem vs. General dannybou

Hi all, Sorry about the long lapse in updating the AAR. Just a brief update as I can't remember the details of my latest turn. What we have so far is a large hole where VII Corps used to be. Surprisingly, the major factor that's slowing me down isn't so much the roads as the weather, add...
  7. A

Oh no it hasn't, my apologies, I've been terribly busy this past fortnight, give up Danny? :p
  8. A

Dec 19, 1400hrs (turn 32) PzAOK.6 The HJD has managed to get itself organized into some semblance of a defensive stance and is holding off the GIs of the 1st and 9th IDs from turning the flank of the Armee...for the time being. The LSAH has crossed the Warche at Malmedy and has engaged the...
  9. A

June 12, 1200hrs (turn 17) Kassel west of the river Fulda is property of NATO again, 2 PzGD has cleared out the last remnants of the 27th GMRD. The panzergrenadiers are now poised to strike south and assist 5th Panzers. Near Alsfeld, the 1st Bde of 3rd AD has come under attack from...
  10. A

Hi fellas, I've always been partial towards having pictures to go with words, I'll see what I can do. :)
  11. A

Dec 19, 0600hrs PzAOK.6 Dawn brings renewed pressure by the American's veteran 1st and 9th ID against the HJ, the sheer force of numbers is beginning to take it's toll and other units of the Division are coming to the aid of the beleagured regiment covering the approach from Hohes Venn...
  12. A

June 12, 0600hrs (turn 15) The second day of WWIII doesn't look good for NATO, in the Schweinfurt-Wurzburg sector, the GIs of the 3rd ID and Grenadiers of 12th Pz stand shoulder to shoulder against an entire East German army, the dawn reveals a pair of Russian TDs trying to make an end run...
  13. A

Bulge

Great stuff, thanks for the link! Doesn't bode well for my game though....:p
  14. A

Clash of Brothers - Mini-Me vs Arnhem

June 15, 0900hrs (last turn) Wurzburg is in ruins, half of the city is in East German hands, 12th Panzer has suffered horrendously for it's stand against the East German 3rd Army, it's panzergrenadier battalions are barely at 50% strength and the Leo I battalions at 60%, only the Leo II's seem...
  15. A

Clash of Brothers - Mini-Me vs Arnhem

June 14, 1500hrs (turn 11) WP tanks have broken through the defences and have actually managed to threaten the only crossing left that connects the 2 halves of Wurzburg, that has been a hasty reorg of the lines in order to secure the crossing.