Recent content by Arimus

1. A

AI Overriding hold orders

Well, after reading thru the manual, I see that a fixed unit is released when spotted. But I still don't know why the AI is ignoring the hold order...
  2. A

AI Overriding hold orders

The A/I keeps assigning orders to units and the ones in visible hexes are being moved even though I have them fixed and I gave them hold orders. Any way I can stop this or am I doing something wrong?
  3. A

AI and Strategies

If the AI is given a strategy choice for reinforcement or AI orders, what determines which one it selects?
  4. A

Can you edit globally?

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have any specific issues right now, just learning the game. I'm playing the stalingrad game and it contains a large OOB file plus several smaller ones that look to be subsets of that.
  5. A

Can you edit globally?

Well, maybe you can give me some tips on how you move units around in your oob. I'm guessing you create a master OOB and crop/use it for all scenarios. What if later on you realize that a Corps was supposed to be attached to a different HQ or a division to a different Corps. Won't copying it in...
  6. A

Can you edit globally?

The OOB Editor lacks some global editing functions, but other than that it is good. One thing that is missing that was in the old campaign series was moving a formation out or into a parent (left and right arrows). That would be handy to have.
  7. A

Can you edit globally?

The only problem I have run into so far is duplicate unit numbers, which can be a pain. But, the scenario editor calls them out and the location. Edit: If I am copying a unit from another OOB, I make sure that the unit is removed from the scenario first.
  8. A

Can you edit globally?

You can also open up the OOB in notepad and do a find/replace. Or, copy/paste from another OOB.
  9. A

Error Reading File

Thanks for the procedure! I found the error and fixed it in about 5 min. You should consider posting that in the tips sticky.
  10. A

Change Name

There are times when I use the change name dialog and the name of the unit below the one I am trying to change on the units.dat file gets changed instead. Anyone else run into this?
  11. A

Error Reading File

I think you guys are missing the point and I'm willing to bet there is a command line debug flag. Restoring from even 1 hour ago is silly and manually making mutiple file backups is a wasteful time sink. There is already code that picks up the error and gives a message. How much would it be to...
  12. A

Error Reading File

I noticed that, but I thought there might be a better way. After all, do you think the designers hunt for errors by trying to guess what unit was in that spot when the errors started?
  13. A

Error Reading File

Getting the original OOB file and restoring it is not a problem, but doing so will cause other problems and I will lose the work I have done to the OOB. I take it there is no way to track down the offending unit. No debug flag with a log file or anything like that?
  14. A

Error Reading File

I'm guessing that I when I messed with the OOB file I deleted a unit I shouldn't have and now the scenario won't load completely. Is there any way to locate the problem and correct it short of going back to scratch? Thanks