Recent content by Anonymous

1. Anonymous

OARS V2 now online

Another site for Perry Sez Collection I have a website with a collection of "Perry Sez" rules Q&A. See http://dicetower.com/PerrySez/Index.htm. BTW, I noticed the site was back up. I'm the first user in the "new" asl-forum. 8)
  2. Anonymous

Firing smoke using Area Fire and Case K

When my Sherman M4 attempts to fire WP at a concealed ("?" )German unit in a building at less than 12 hexes (Gets a +2 added TH), besides using the required Area fire TH for firing smoke, does it also add Case K (+2 DRM)? C6.2 confuses me: [EXC:when firing SMOKE, Case K applies only if the...
  3. Anonymous

Why HS range is reduced?

I suppose that's a necessary abstraction designed in the game to reflect the weaker status of a HS--But it still seems odd that an elite HS doesn't have the confidence to shoot at the same range as a whole squad--Especially British rifle units that are known for thier riflery
  4. Anonymous

Why HS range is reduced?

This has probately been covered before in the General/ASL annuals, but I'm wondering what the rational is behind reducing the range of a HS along with it's FP? Would a soldier's ability to shoot at something at a distance really be affected just because he is with a smaller group?
  5. Anonymous

HOB BtB and other things

Steve, Thanks for the update! MD
  6. Anonymous

Additional Starter Kit Scenarios

Mark, I agree. I think there will be a demand for additional starter kit scenarios. Evan Sherry
  7. Anonymous

Additional Starter Kit Scenarios

At our last gaming session at Hobbytown USA in Brandon, FL, the members of our group were looking over the ASL Starter Kit. We all agreed that it is going to be a tremendous boost to the hobby. A question came up. Will more starter kit scenarios be wanted or needed to enhance the starter...
  8. Anonymous

Schwerpunkt Playtest Invitation

Hi ASLers, The Tampa ASL Group is currently playtesting Schwerpunkt Volume #11. We have several scenarios that are ready for playtesting outside of our core group. Playtesters need only play a scenario once with each side, then send us a very brief AAR with your results to participate. Players...
  9. Anonymous

Wooden Ships and Iron Men

Much thanks to Brian and Bill for this. I've never played WSIM but have always been fascinated with things naval! And now, a plea for help. Does anyone have a scan of page 7 of the rules? The pdf file I downloaded from the Hasbro site is missing this page. Thanks again, Gary
  10. Anonymous

In Dedly Combat

I'm currently reading "In Dedly Combat", a memoir of a German officer named Bidermann who served in the 132nd division in Russian. Very exciting read! Bidermann was in charge of a Pak unit, and saw action both in the Crimea campaign and the Lennigrad front. A lot of battles are covered in...
  11. Anonymous

HOB BtB and other things

Steve, What's the latest on BtB? Thanks, MD
  12. Anonymous

Wooden Ships and Iron Men

dang, I love this game, also have not played it in 20 years. I remember playing some of the scenarios with Old Ironsides, the near invulnerability of this American frigate truly amazed me. It made my visit at the floating museum in Boston all that much enjoyable. :P Seriously, any of you guys...
  13. Anonymous

The of Winter Scenario Questions

Much obliged, gentlemen. :D
  14. Anonymous

Schwerpunkt update

Evan writes: "A medium sized scenario between two experienced players should rarely take more than 45 minutes to complete. Anything longer than that means that someone is dithering around too much and need to get on with the game." <<What??????>> Sorry, I had to sign off in the...
  15. Anonymous

The of Winter Scenario Questions

Ded of Winter My stupid net filter dropped "Ded" from my above post--I have to mispell it --Deceased? Bought the farm? ARRRGH!