Recent content by Andy Bagley

1. Andy Bagley

TH, ITT, ATT

OK fair comments, thanks, and yes I realise that firing/dropping smoke in front of an enemy-occupied hex is often the way to go. (Just don't tell my opponents! :) )
  2. Andy Bagley

TH, ITT, ATT

Yep, I follow and agree with all that (I'd previously misinterpreted the EXC in C6.2). The only thing is that this seems to make it harder to fire SMOKE into a hex with a concealed target than it is to fire SMOKE at an empty hex. Can anyone suggest why this should be?
  3. Andy Bagley

Cowering and mixed Fire Groups

That's great, thanks for the clarification and for pointing me to that Q&A. Andy
  4. Andy Bagley

Cowering and mixed Fire Groups

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit confused about cowering where mixed FGs are involved. Suppose a British FG consisting of two 4-5-7's First Line squads and a 4-3-6 Green squad fires at normal range, with no leader involved. Would normally be 12 FP but 'doubles' is rolled so the...
  5. Andy Bagley

VASL live opp wanted for early EST ongoing

Hi, I may be interested. Sorry, I'm not Spanish, but based in the UK so 0500 to 0630 EST would be 1000 to 1130 here. I'm recently retired but doing loads of other stuff so don't want to over-commit myself, but 1-2 mornings a week should be fine. I've been playing ASL about five years so not a...
  6. Andy Bagley

CC Reaction Fire?

Thanks guys - appreciated.
  7. Andy Bagley

CC Reaction Fire?

Just had something very similar come up, except in an open ground hex so no bypass. Am I right to assume that (a) same thing applies re CC Reaction Fire when AFV expends start MP, and (b) no new PAATC is required for this purpose as infantry unit is already in same hex? Thanks Andy
  8. Andy Bagley

East Yorkshire - looking for FtF play

Hi David, this is a very late response to your post, which I was alerted to by Ben. I'm a veteran of the original SL and have got back into ASL over the past 2 to 3 years, not had much FTF experience but played in Blackpool last weekend which was great. Since posting on this forum in July I've...
  9. Andy Bagley

East Yorkshire - looking for FtF play

Hi David, this is a very late response to your post, which I was alerted to by Ben. I'm a veteran of the original SL and have got back into ASL over the past 2 to 3 years, not had much FTF experience but played in Blackpool last weekend which was great. Since posting on this forum in July I've...
  10. Andy Bagley

Seeking FtF opponents, Leeds/Yorkshire, UK

Thanks Ben, got it!
  11. Andy Bagley

Hi Ben, Thanks for this suggestion. However, I've searched for Dave on these forums in every way I can think of but can't find any trace. Any clues? Does he use another name? Andy
  12. Andy Bagley

God I'm so confused - Printing boards from VASL....

If you're able to share whatever secret you've discovered when we meet in Blackpool I'll be eternally grateful. You can then move on to figuring out the meaning of life!
  13. Andy Bagley

Hi Martin, Thanks for your response, Heywood is certainly "within range" (subject to M62 traffic!). I'll follow up via conversation/PM - I'm new to GameSquad so let me know if this doesn't work. Regards Andy
  14. Andy Bagley

Hi Craig, Many thanks for getting back to me on this. I met Martin when I visited the Writtle convention in June (were you there?) and will follow up with him. I'm also booked for Blackpool in November. Liverpool may not be too far for me - if we can find a time when the M62 is not clogged...
  15. Andy Bagley

Veteran wargamer from UK

Thanks Mark, but I'm getting "This page isn't working. www.google.com redirected you too many times" when I click the link. Temporary glich, or am I doing something wrong? Regards, Andy