Recent content by Andy Bagley

1. Andy Bagley

Entering hex with HIP enemy AFV

This situation arose while playing AP198 Hassle at Hasselt. A British APC attempted to enter a hex and found a HIP BU JgPzV there. The JgPzV is revealed, but what then can the APC do? As I understand D2.6 it could move through that hex but cannot stop or end its MPh there (unless it could meet...
  2. Andy Bagley

Bounding Fire 2023, Blackpool UK, November 15th-19th

For those in the UK, and anyone prepared to travel, Bounding Fire 2023 will take place at the Headlands Hotel in Blackpool, 15th-19th November. Minis (organised by me) will be the usual groups of four, two rounds straight knock-out, on Thursday 16th. The main tournament, organised by Simon...
  3. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

This question has now been answered by the designer in Unofficial Support; see http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/ft284-concealment.183166/#post-2127310 Wording should have been removed (I'm guessing that earlier draft version(s) of this scenario had some Vichy starting on-board)...
  4. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

Thanks Lionel, that's great
  5. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

Hi LFT, hoping to find Lionel Colin here. This is a repeat of a question I posted in the Rules & Errata section - replies were inconclusive: Anyone played FT284 Vichy Strikes Back yet? If so can you explain the British setup instruction that says "set up concealed if in Concealment Terrain..."...
  6. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

Thanks, I'll try that
  7. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

If it included the word "only" I would agree with you. But it doesn't, and I see no reason to assume that its should. So the COWTRA principle suggests that units in non-concealment terrain can set up concealed too.
  8. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

It doesn't. Just says fortifications may not set up HIP
  9. Andy Bagley

FT284 Concealment

Anyone played FT284 Vichy Strikes Back yet? If so can you explain the British setup instruction that says "set up concealed if in Concealment Terrain...". But the Vichy have no forces on board at start, so surely all British units can be concealed anyway, even in OG (A12.12)? Sorry if I'm...
  10. Andy Bagley

Armor Leader casualty - when revealed?

I haven't found this Q&A, but what you say makes perfect sense - thank you.
  11. Andy Bagley

Yep, got it, I agree with your interpretation here - thanks
  12. Andy Bagley

An AFV is destroyed and the crew does not survive. Unknown to the opponent, that AFV contained an armor leader (it was not previously revealed). If CVP are relevant to the scenario victory conditions, must the presence of the armor leader be declared as soon as the crew fails its survival DR? Of...
  13. Andy Bagley

J197 Death on the French Coast

One more question on this SSR: does the +12 added to the range also affect the number of blind hexes for LOS purposes, or is it just on the TH#?
  14. Andy Bagley

Sniper setup

Scott is right - this is exactly the problem I had. I'm happy with the suggested clarification though.
  15. Andy Bagley

Sniper setup

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but which side sets up their sniper first if both sides enter wholly from off-board (e.g. J88 Escape to Wiltz). No Scenario Attacker/Defender and definition of DEFENDER doesn't apply pre-game. Thanks. PS: Merry Christmas!