Recent content by Andreas Ludwig

1. Andreas Ludwig

DVG Hornet Leader

Hi John, just saw your question about HL and just in case it's still relevant to you - yep, it's a great game and here's what we thought on it :) Review: Hornet Leader – Carrier Air Operations (DVG)
  2. Andreas Ludwig

Visiting Battlefields: The Huertgen Forest and the Siegfried Line

Hi fellow wargamers, the HFC report about our recent battlefield trip is online now and since sometimes we wargamers have to leave the gaming tale to go to the real places, you might enjoy to read it, who knows? :cool: Visiting Battlefields: The Huertgen Forest and the Siegfried Line...
  3. Andreas Ludwig

Review: Homefront (THQ) / Xbox 360

Hi folks, Homefront Wargame Center has a new review online, so if you are interested in buying the new FPS created by KAOS (who developed Frontlines: Fuel of War before): HOMEFRONT check out our review :) Happy Gaming! Andreas
  4. Andreas Ludwig

Review: Down in Flames Aces High (DVG)

Hi, if you are interested in air warfare our new review on Down in Flames Aces High (DVG) might be of interest to you. Since this game is the designer's reboot of the classic DiF series published by GMT our review is not only a review on the game but a detailed comparison of both DiF series...
  5. Andreas Ludwig

Review: Space Hulk-Death Angel (FFG)

Hi fellow gamers, the HFC has a new in-depth review online, so if you like the Alien movies and cooperative games (or solitaires) check out: Space Hulk Death Angel Happy Gaming, Andreas
  6. Andreas Ludwig

Wii buyers stoked! Anyone get one tonight?

That's all freaky really. For the price of the PS3 I get a 5-6 Ghz computer here in Germany with all necessary power to play any game that will come out the next years. It's much wiser to skip the current consoles that are launched (except the Wii for its nice price) and wait until the next...
  7. Andreas Ludwig

Zelda, CoD3, Splinter Cell and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for me, enough for a launch line up :D
  8. Andreas Ludwig

Wii comes out at December 8th here in Germany. I hope I can get one at this day since I was too slow for the preorders. :nervous:
  9. Andreas Ludwig

World in Flames - any opinions?

Perhaps not in WiF, but you say that this is where all WWII strategic games do fail. From what I know about TK, the Soviets turn to be rather strong in the end of the campaign and if played according to their potential the Axis will have to fight a hard battle against the Red Army as they did in...
  10. Andreas Ludwig

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

Nope, I buy online ;-) We played both and both weren't very satisfying. Pacific is totally on the Japanese side and Europe seems to be always a victory for the german player. For me it seems that these games have even less options than the original. Have it, too. And of all those A&A...
  11. Andreas Ludwig

Board Gaming Clubs

Yep, we have pics ;-) go to www.homefront.de.vu Mostly german at the moment, but we are working on the translation - but pics of Wargamers don't need to be translated :-) Andreas
  12. Andreas Ludwig

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

Saturday with friends? Up Front! Hi folks, I think the question was what game is best suited for a short saturday with a few friends, so the game shouldn't last too long. I don't see that the games have to be beer & pretzels, cause many of those can be rather long games - A&A could go for 20...
  13. Andreas Ludwig

VASL dice bot...

"Unusual" results regarding DR is certainly dependent on personal definition I'd say. In my last FTF game I had 16 Snakes, not in a row of course, but 16 is still "unusual" in a game. But it happens, even with real dice... Andreas