Recent content by aloha_brian

1. aloha_brian

J194 A Real War.....SSR question

And, I think stairwells still exist so access to the 1st level of buildings with printed stairwells (i.e., two of the victory buildings with only one of them) is via the printed stairwell. Otherwise the SSR typically says 'stairwells don't exist'.
  2. aloha_brian

Winter Offensive 2023

I'm looking for a roommate for Winter Offensive. I have a two double bed room reserved from Thursday to Sunday. If anyone is interested in sharing a room (or even car pooling from the Albany NY area) let me know. Thanks, Brian Wiersma
  3. aloha_brian

Set DC during play A23.7

A23.7 allows setting a DC during play. "...or which was Set and declared during play by an Infantry unit which spent all of its MF (using Hazardous Movement) to Set the DC in its Location during its MPh and made a dr < its US#..." Does this mean that if I have a concealed unit or stack out of...
  4. aloha_brian

Gully LOS

B19.2 "... or the LOS can be drawn to another gully hex without leaving the combination brown, dark green background." Then, the EX of the same paragraph "... IN E9 cannot see a unit IN G8 because the LOS between the two hex centers extends outside the gully background coloration..." In your...
  5. aloha_brian

B30.1 & B23.1 Can a Pillbox be set up in the OG portion of a building hex?

It appears that specifying terrain type and not using the word 'hex' is the normal convention in the rule book; see Entrenchments and Wire. Minefields appear to be the exception where the word 'hex' is used. So, terrain type implies the hex. As an example, Entrenchments can't be set up on a...
  6. aloha_brian

A12.2

True, it will not lose its concealment; but a dummy stack pretending to be an AFV will be exposed.
  7. aloha_brian

Commissar HOB

You are correct
  8. aloha_brian

Commissar HOB

Actually I believe they can have more Commissars than regular leaders. A25.22 "...the Russian player may replace up to one 8-0 leader with a 9-0 Political Commissar and/or one 8-1 leader with a 10-0 Political Commissar provided the scenario is not begun with more Commissars than other leaders...
  9. aloha_brian

Platoon Movement Conundrum

D14.21 second bullet states that LOS is required at the end of each impulse. Where is the exception for LOS while in bypass?
  10. aloha_brian

Ersatz VASLeague 2022

Brian Wiersma's Romanian's took out Armin Deppe's Hungarian's in ASL 119 Ancient Feud. Armin's half dozen '1' SANs were taking a toll on Brian's attackers; but on Turn 6 the Hungarian's couldn't hit hardly anything, not causing hardly any MC's even with point blank shots in open ground...
  11. aloha_brian

Gyrostabilizers in LN3-1 scenario

Choose A) The SSR you quoted doesn't invoke H1.42.
  12. aloha_brian

Can a DC detonation affect friendly units?

There's a bucket list item. Throw a DC at enemies in an adjacent hex and have it effect a HIP unit in your own location.
  13. aloha_brian

CC/Melee Black numbers red numbers

This is a great example why it's worth it for all ASLer's to go to at least one tournament a year. You'll rapidly get major misconceptions fixed. Plus you'll get to meet other ASLer's. Brian
  14. aloha_brian

Canceled - Winter Offensive January 13-16, 2022

I suspect the best place for this answer is here: Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Prince George's County, MD (princegeorgescountymd.gov)
  15. aloha_brian

When Immediate means..."in a little bit"

Totally disagree with this statement. If an updated rule book was created it would not be perfect. All of the same people would read and pick apart every sentence on why this new book is no good. I believe conflicts between various chapters and charts should be resolved with errata but that's...