Recent content by alanp

1. alanp

Touchdown Seattle, chaos NFL

freakin' hilarious! But of course it doesn't matter because these bad calls didn't change the outcome of any games?!? Psycho, is 'Gamecock' too long for the cheerleader's sign? :lier::o
  2. alanp

Maybe you didn't see the Tennessee game; a defender in the end zone attempted to "bat the ball away". he batted it right into a receiver's arms and Tenessee scored a touchdown and ended up winning the game.
  3. alanp

Except that's exactly what the defender did vs. Tennessee on Sunday and TN also caught a last-second touchdown pass.
  4. alanp

with baseball, the deep strategic thinking is used to determine who should be pitching what to whom and how that will play out 3 batters from now. the brains on an NFL team are analyzing tape of something that's already happened trying to decide whether or not to throw a red flag. Weren't any...
  5. alanp

Don't forget about all the liberals who think everyone deserves an opportunity at a job, and we should hire so that <name a job sector> looks like America until it's about something as important as sports and then it's 'hire only the best person for the position'. The US Supreme Court, school...
  6. alanp

NFL has announced that dual possession isn't reviewable in the field of play but is reviewable in the endzone. the NFL response this morning is not from replacement referees and confirms the call. I think that this season's feeling many have needs to be put in perspective. There have been...
  7. alanp

dual possession is not a reviewable call. all scoring plays are reviewed but not sure if the video ref can call a penalty (off. PI on the last play) that's not called on the field. I doubt it (there's said to be holding on every play, for example.) poorly called game. classy of Green Bay to...
  8. alanp

Baseball Perfect Game Pitched

Seattle Mariner Felix Hernandez pitched a perfect game yesterday--the 1st in Mariner history but the third this year and the 2nd at Safeco Field in 2012. (The Mariners were victims of a Perfect game earlier this season, too.) It was the 3rd Perfect Game pitched against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays...
  9. alanp

Who is your favorite American football player of all time

I hadn't considered the pay scales but then less money didn't stop actors/actresses from being better than today's either (with a few exceptions). In theory, today's bigger/faster athletes are up against bigger/faster opponents so it should cancel out except for the rules changes. My point was...
  10. alanp

Here's something to think about, Trev. In your "pre-history" fewer athletes even qualified to play in the NFL (there were fewer teams) so the quality of play and competition has gone down by one measure. You missed some good football.
  11. alanp

I thought I saw Brady say it was his fault that things got so heated afterwards. That's a classy thing to do unlike some other NFL players. I also think Brady is good in shows like The Entourage. (don't like him as a player -- or the Pats as a team of cheaters -- but that doesn't make him a...
  12. alanp

The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

But here is the crux, BS: our 'war crimes' are individual acts by soldiers going against official policy for the most part. Nazi, Japanese and some Russian crimes were committed when soldiers were following official policy. That's why some of us can't follow the "both suits are stained and we...
  13. alanp

The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

Excellent points, Fort. Take a look at the literature the two experiences generated, too. The economic hardships on US citizens of Japanese ethnicity were real. But look at the hardships of European Jews or Chinese in Japanese-occupied China. They suffered hardships that can't be re-paid.
  14. alanp

Francis Asbury Tarkenton. As a lad, he was my favorite and it's hard to give up on childhood heroes. Never won the Big One but was sure fun to watch. (and I'm not talking about watching That's Incredible!) Born in Minneapolis so the Vikings were my favorite team; purple was the coolest...
  15. alanp

Mission Impossible?

Why do you hate America so much?