Recent content by alanlynott

1. alanlynott

What boardgames have you played recently?

How are you finding Fulda Gap and the CSS system? I believe CSS is based on the Gamers GTS system:
  2. alanlynott

For King & Country reprint

Doomed Battalions!
  3. alanlynott

Rusty returning player looking for PBEM game

Thanks everyone - got myself a couple of games
  4. alanlynott

All good thanks mate. I realised that waiting for life to chill out was going to happen, and I want my Wargaming! Hope all is well with you too - it was your post gathering up top 10 lists that inspired me, so I’m blaming you
  5. alanlynott

Hi all, Getting back into ASL after a year off due to new job craziness. Played a couple of solo games and watched some old logs to refresh the rules, I’m a bit rusty but champing at the bit to get back into it. I’m looking for someone who won’t mind playing with someone who will no doubt make...
  6. alanlynott

looking for a few good men...

Fantastic idea. What about a pack (or multiple packs) that converts the Starter Kit scenarios to full ASL, maybe either using overlays & SSRs or near equivalent non-SK maps to make the maps more interesting?
  7. alanlynott

PBeM - using Dropbox or Drive ?

I store all my VASL logs, maps, scanned scenarios, boards etc on my Google Drive which is a boon as I work away from home on a different computer so I can always login and have access to all my files. For pbem I use a mix of email and Dropbox. Personally I prefer email as it's easy to keep...
  8. alanlynott

What percent of scenarios are great?

I don't see a problem with somebody asking a question about subjectively what is your view on the percentage of great scenarios. If we limited our conversations to only those that were based on objective facts it would be a fairly boring world.
  9. alanlynott

Why PTO is better than Ost Front

Very funny!
  10. alanlynott

VASL 6.4

One feature I would love to see in a future version of VASL is rotatable maps. Leave setup as is but rotate 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
  11. alanlynott

VASL 6.4

Seconded, just read David's ideas on linking counters as a generalised solution to acquisition - great idea!
  12. alanlynott

Kohima

Do you have enough playtesters?
  13. alanlynott

BFP 3: Blood and Jungle Reprint Interest

Chas, I would be interested - I've only just discovered PTO and I love it, and this module gets a lot of praise.
  14. alanlynott

limited print run of Festung Budapest up for pre-order

Ah sod it, I've preordered a copy even though the postage to the UK is a killer - FB is too good by all accounts to miss again.