Recent content by airBiscuit

1. airBiscuit

CMBO- Final Round (6) "3 Months in France"

Well, after almost two years to the day, 3MiF is wrapping up. Bruce and I have finished our games, each seeing a victory for the Axis. It would seem that the French were going to have a long haul to liberate their homeland. This tournament was great fun and I tip my hat to Kerry for seeing...
  2. airBiscuit

Bruce and I are wrapping up the last two turns as well. Great fun.
  3. airBiscuit

Thanks for the input, Malm. I suspect, though, that it has to do with the nature of the buildings themselves. They don't have doors on all sides. You can have two buildings squashed against each other and you can't move interally from one building to the next. This is realistic, yes, but in...
  4. airBiscuit

CoD type shooters

Good news is that OFP2 is apparently in the works.
  5. airBiscuit

Bruce and I have ended at about the same spot as Malm and Monty. We are in the process of negoitiating mutual cease fire. I will offer my complements to Bruce, though. He did a fine job on both attack and defensive games, managing to box me in and press the advantage. I think the outcome...
  6. airBiscuit

Ummm, well.....Bruce and I are a little over halfway through, if I recall. It's been a fun game, but the past four months has been difficult to get regular turns in, for both sides.
  7. airBiscuit

Preferred Screen Resolution

Size of the monitor is an important factor in finding what is a comfortable resolution to use. A 17" monitor at anything greater than 1280x1024 can get too small to work with. Reticles the size of pushpins. Readouts that you have to lean in to see. I have found that at 17", 1024 x 768 is a...
  8. airBiscuit

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for reinforcements. My games have been meat grinders.
  9. airBiscuit

Anybody still playing United offensive?

It's still the latest one that I have. Great fun doing the single-player. Only done a little multiplayer with it and lately I haven't had the time to get online, but it's a very good MP game.
  10. airBiscuit

BTW- This is a very fun scenario, but the most maddening part is trying to get the troops to move under cover from building to building. It's hard to tell where the troops are going to go before the StratAI marks the waypoints, which more often than not sends them out the front screen door...
  11. airBiscuit

for my games vs Bruce, we are about 10 turns in, I am afraid, but we've been picking up the pace as of late: as Allies- A very rough start as the Germans had well-emplaced AT infantry in the buildings on the right flank road. The tanks didn't know what hit them. Nevertheless, a mechanized...
  12. airBiscuit

This has not happened for me, thus far. Kind of comical to picture a halftrack trying to dislodge itself from the front of a building.
  13. airBiscuit

Bruce and I have made a start of it, but we are only at turn 4 or so. Interesting opening game, though.
  14. airBiscuit

"The Steel Triad:" a CMAK - Multiplayer Event.

What I like about this game format so far is that I can enjoy the action of a really REALLY large battle, and yet only have to worry about commanding a subsection of the troops. For the rest, I can sit back and watch the drama unfold. Kinda fun knowing that the success of your teammates are at...
  15. airBiscuit

"The Steel Triad:" a CMAK - Multiplayer Event.

How about we have Bruce be the Commander and pick his two subordinates? It will be hard for the 4 of us to work this out by drawing straws or beauty contest, so we might as well have one person make a decision. Bruce?