Recent content by aiabx

1. aiabx

ASLOK Thoughts in the Age of Covid

I'd be happy to pick mine up in 2021.
  2. aiabx

Or an image of soldiers running away as fast as heir feet will carry them. The shirt for the ASLOK That Never Was would be a real collector's item.
  3. aiabx

I agree with much of what you say. I just think it would be irresponsible to put other people at risk by attending religious services too.
  4. aiabx

The major differences were a much lower fatality rate in the earlier flu pandemics, and the new exciting feature of COVID-19 where people are contagious for up to two weeks before exhibiting symptoms, making it very difficult to control the spread without serious measures. Three months in and...
  5. aiabx

I will be happy to pay my registration and buy a shirt to help defray the costs even if I'm not there, just to keep the ship afloat.
  6. aiabx

Well, there's fear and then there's fear. It may be irrational to be afraid of eating shawarma because of Muslims, but it's rational to be afraid of bears if you're camping up north and keeping all your food in your tent. Highly contagious viruses with a 2-5% mortality rate are not impressed by...
  7. aiabx

Even assuming the Can/US border is open I do not plan on attending this year. For the first time, my wife (an immunocompromised cancer survivor) has asked me not to go, and there's no way I can put her at increased risk for the sake of a few days of fun, however great they are. And I'll be...
  8. aiabx

New Desperation Morale Blog Post

Well, 120K dead in 2 months is nothing to sneeze at, and it's worse when you consider that those numbers are with whatever lockdown has been managed, and it's even worse when the examples of New Zealand and South Korea show that they are almost entirely preventable. Preventable if people will...
  9. aiabx

New Desperation Morale Blog Post

I will not be attending ASLOK this year, even if the border is open. Part of the reason is all the people here chiming in with their total disinterest on whether they pass COVID on to me by refusing to take any precautions whatsoever. I have responsibilities to others that I won't compromise for...
  10. aiabx

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

I'm sorry we didn't get to sit in the hotel bar after our games and swap war stories, but I think an outstanding job was done under difficult circumstances. It was the most fun I've had in more than a few months.
  11. aiabx

Mines and dust

Excellent. That's just what I was trying to find. Thanks.
  12. aiabx

Mines and dust

Ok, here's one from the desert. If I wander into a minefield and dust is in effect, does the attack roll get modified by an additional dust roll? Mines aren't listed among the exceptions to the addition of a dust roll, but it makes so little sense to me that mines would be affected by dust that...
  13. aiabx

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Did none of you people ever read comic books? The Nazis always had secret weapons and secret bases and giant swastika banners everywhere. I thought Raiders was an outstanding homage to comics and adventure serials, and that fact that nothing Indy did made the slightest difference in the end is...
  14. aiabx

Ersatz VASLeague 2020

Playing Pat Palma in FrF51 - Bite of the Bassotto. My New Zealanders were pushing him back until one of his broken squads managed an interdiction heat of battle roll into fanatics, at which point my attack stalled and my desperate attempts to get it rolling again only led to my own forces...
  15. aiabx

ASL Civilians!!

Oooh! If you end up with more Springbank than you can drink I will make the sacrifice to help you out.