Recent content by aiabx

1. aiabx

Which rule do you want to change?

I would like to see DF vs moving vehicles based on a percentage of the total movement in the firers LOS rather than the number of MF. It should be harder to shoot an armoured car zipping through an open spot at 60 kph than an Elefant lumbering though at its slow speed.
  2. aiabx

WTF????

If you're a factory owner, that's probably a pretty good work ethic. Of course, you can replace all your workers with robots and they'll be on the street because they won't work 24-7 without breaks, but that's business. If you're a worker and not a boss, it's a pretty crappy life. I've done the...
  3. aiabx

Would you pay for official winterized maps from MMP ?

(Number of games I play) - (Number I play on VASL) - (Number I play on other people's kit) - (Number I play on non-MMP boards) - (Number I play with no snow rules in effect) = Not enough to drop a pile of money for boards that look a little bit cooler.
  4. aiabx

Longest Surviving Beserkers

I once saw a berserk squad live for four turns, and it would have gone longer if the game hadn't ended. Closest unit was a BU half track, and he couldn't quite get there. So on my turn, I started up the half track and drove eight MF away and waited for him to catch up. Repeat ad infinitum. (I...
  5. aiabx

WTF????

It's a pretty fine thing to have a valuable skill and be able to pick and choose between employers. The only people you're going to get shackling themselves to the company oar for eight solid hours are the people who can't get a better job in a more reasonable company. It took me a while, but I...
  6. aiabx

"Age of Tanks" documentary

I don't know if I'd agree there. I'd say the French FT-17* was the forerunner of every tank of the 20th century and gets a lot less press than it should compared to the British tanks, which were important in WWI but an evolutionary dead end. *I once killed a PzIV with an FT-17. One for the...
  7. aiabx

In nazi Germany was the biggest TV show

I never used to click on the "shoot Vinnie" option.
  8. aiabx

Dulce Et Decorum Est

Briefly stepping in and stepping out again, but staying long enough to say I enjoyed the Owens pastiche very much.
  9. aiabx

Who is the world's worst ASL player of all time?

To be fair to Aristotle, the evidence that the earth orbits the sun is pretty subtle and well outside what they could have managed in ancient Greece. If I could remember vehicle notes as well as science trivia, I would be a lot further from the worst ASL player.
  10. aiabx

You're remembering right, but choosing ASL players as breeding stock is a plan with a flaw.
  11. aiabx

VASLeague 2018, general discussion

Andy Beaton's Russians have won against Don Holland's Poles in BFP140 Iron Greeting. Not many moving tanks left after a wild and woolly fight with a fine opponent.
  12. aiabx

I'm totally voting for Psycho, because if it's him, it can't be me. Put that on a barbecued baby and smoke it.
  13. aiabx

Best scenario from ASLOK XXXIII?

I can't make any promises about long tem balance, but DTF-2 Blitzkrieg was the most fun of all the scenarios I played last week. But I am biased towards the early war tin cans and popguns.
  14. aiabx

Who is the greatest ASL player of all time?

I'm withholding my vote until I hear what, uh, "incentives" are being offered.
  15. aiabx

ASLOK XXXIII - Official TD AAR

Thanks again Brett and Bill for an outstanding Oktoberfest. I'm already planning for next year.