Recent content by Actionjick

1. Actionjick

Today in ASL history

Moderators I am quite fine with the Tull posts!
  2. Actionjick

Today in ASL history

Actiondebbie and I saw them at Anaheim Stadium in '76 or '77 with three or four other groups for $10. Rory Gallagher, Robin Trower and Starcastle I remember. Robin Trower followed Rory Gallagher. Big mistake. Gallagher had the crowd rocking. Trower put people to sleep!🤣 The tickets...
  3. Actionjick

Learning ASL - the people you play

Yes skill is important. So is drive. Go for it and let the dice gods have their say!
  4. Actionjick

PaK 98/37

We loved those things but we had to DYO to get them. What a monstrosity! Leave battleships to the Navy.
  5. Actionjick

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Great news!
  6. Actionjick

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Yes, here's hoping for a complete and rapid recovery for him.
  7. Actionjick

Simply the best!
  8. Actionjick

New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome back and good gunnin to you!
  9. Actionjick

Today in ASL history

March 24th 1122 A.D. On this date an English monk named Gunther, who was obsessed with Advanced Cohort Leader, released GROWL, Gunther's Record Of Wins/Losses. This was the first compilation of data of ACL scenarios since Marcus Nixonius' The Numbers of ACLOk in 1072 AD. While...
  10. Actionjick

A very nice and pretty accurate post IMO. Btw don't feel like The Lone Stranger, I lost the first fourteen scenarios I played against Fish. Glad I decided to try a fifteenth.
  11. Actionjick

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

Your last sentence seems to cover it nicely. Go with that.
  12. Actionjick

How to play faster ASL

In an effort to be Up Front about my speed of play I offer the following story. Whilst perusing the notebooks doing research for an upcoming post in the Today In ASL History thread I came across our playtest notes for Play Ball. The date was 4-17/18-92. I was the French, Fish the US. I won...
  13. Actionjick

How to play faster ASL

Agreed!
  14. Actionjick

How to play faster ASL

That's what is important. Good gunnin to you both!
  15. Actionjick

How to play faster ASL

As you imply it all depends upon what you are looking to get out of the game, what your objective is in playing ASL. This can be situational. We played for fun but also usually with tournament play in mind. My pace for casual play ( versus Fish )would be would be faster than what it was at...