Recent content by Abe

1. Abe

Guns and fortifications

Great. Thank you.
  2. Abe

Guns and fortifications

I’m a bit confused as to how many levels of fortification I need to put a gun in a second level building hex. Would it be 2 or 3? Apologies if this has been asked before.
  3. Abe

Red October VASL map?

Nice! Love your work.
  4. Abe

Red October VASL map?

Any news on the RF VASL maps?
  5. Abe

Broken Ground Design: Pre-order pricing closes Jan. 31st

Congratulations!! Just by chance I was listening to your 2 half squads interview the other day and as a sometime LEGO builder with anxiety I could totally relate. Well done for a remarkable achievement. Any chance of a close-up of some of the counters?
  6. Abe

Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

I haven’t because I’m only just graduating from starter kit.
  7. Abe

Rulebook binding. Stood the test of time?

I’ve used slide bar binders for each seperate chapter and keep them in a magazine box. I just pull the chapter I need out when I need it.
  8. Abe

Do you ever lose your temper while playing ASL?

Have never lost my temper. I don’t think I would experience it from myself or opponent as it would mean that it had been some time since fun was being had. Time is too valuable for that. You can either treat it as a game or a puzzle (or a bit of both). I prefer playing it as a game. Winning...
  9. Abe

VASL AARs

Judd Vance did a great tutorial of Empire of the Sun using vassal log files. One of the best learning resources out there for that game. It’s a good idea.
  10. Abe

Fire Group dilemma

Or roll a die to decide whether to allocate the DR to a random FG or reroll.
  11. Abe

End S1 DaE. Is it a wash?

Thanks JR, that’s most helpful. I’d imagine playing buildings as uncontrolled at scenario start would change the game a fair bit.
  12. Abe

Spoogbob VASL Punk

I think saving the game after each turn is a good idea. Helps with AARs as well. Nice to have a record and the files aren’t big.
  13. Abe

Scenario names I'd like to see

I think the original title may have come from the saying “I’d give my left tit for...”. So the companion scenario might be “taking the right arm”.
  14. Abe

Spoogbob VASL Punk

That’s a bugger. Games at night should be pretty safe for au Timezone though. He’d have to be pretty dedicated to be up that early in Chicago. Charming guy. He must lead a popular and uplifting life.