Recent content by Abatis

1. A

Pea Ridge Campaign?

I'll take you up on that, thankyou!
  2. A

Pea Ridge Campaign?

Looking for a Confederate player to take on the Pea Ridge Campaign with me. Your optional rules preferences are fine. abatis@frontiernet.net
  3. A

Looking for a fight

Alex I'm new to the game system but I'd give it a go. I prefer Union, so you are in luck there. How about Pea Ridge or Prarie Grove battle? Not up to a campaign yet...I just moved this last year from Fayetteville Arkansas after 5 years back to the homeland in NY State...been to those 2...
  4. A

State Farm 79

Ah! Even I can do THAT! Good deal Daniel, That sounds easy enough- I think even I can manage it! We'll have to try and do another AAR in one of our next games replete with maps and anaylisis- after your finals of course! Good luck there by the way ;)
  5. A

State Farm 79

How do you do a screenshot? And not the entire field necesarily- that would be fine now, but not during the battle itself..I thought of trying to do them, but then let it go as I couldn't remember the right "F" key and didn't know how to limit the cap to a certain area... It was a helluva...
  6. A

State Farm 79

Final result... Allies minor Victory. Right, then. The Allied plan was simple: Crush each advance position eastward of State Farm 79 one by one. I hoped to secure a minor victory, or draw at the worst with this method. I'm a very cautious player on the attack- until I get impetuous and say...
  7. A

State Farm 79

Turn 12: Ok Daniel, 2 more to go, and its a draw..89 points for a Allied minor V, with a 100 point victory hex 250 meters away..It all comes down to this: How much can you make me pay for it :) Not enough time for a "deep grab". That last out post of yours east of Sate Farm 79 is the...
  8. A

State Farm 79

54 minutes into the action: The Soviet tank forces punch a small hole in the German center, taking the next objective in the chain. Only one more German defensive position is between them and State Farm 79. German 88's and tank killers have their guns trained on the field of advance. The...
  9. A

State Farm 79

48 minutes into the action: The Soviet advance slows down, as fire from the German 88's knock out 2 T34's, and disrupt their respective platoons, forcing the Red tankers to pull back and re organize. Contact with the HQ's must be re established, as many units are in low supply, ranging too...
  10. A

State Farm 79

36 minutes into the Russian offensive: The first Soviet artillery shells crash into the forward German lines, and the defenders hunker down for the duration of thebarrage. Before the smoke can clear, massed fire from T34's mercilessly pound the next German out post on the way to State Farm...
  11. A

State Farm 79

30 minutes into the action: The brave soldiers of the USSR continue their offensive efforts to liberate State Farm 79 from the fascist pigs :cheeky: Red infantry occupies the houses & trenches that moments before were in the hands of Nazis. They have no time for prisoners- the German...
  12. A

State Farm 79

24 minutes into the action: Soviet Tank forces of the 97th Tank Brigade over run the outermost eastern German trench network, driving the Nazi defenders out of their fortifications and claiming the first objective of the action. A company of T34's duels with a battery of 88's ensconced within...
  13. A

State Farm 79

Turn 2 Heavy fire from the advancing Russian Armor on the German forward positions in answer to an 88 battery knocking out a T34 at long range. The 88's are dug in within suburbs- a lucky shot knocks one of the battery out, disrupts their communications, and sends a cheer out from the Russian...
  14. A

State Farm 79

It's an oldee but a goodee- State Farm 79! This time, with Corporal Abatis at the helm for the Mother Russia, and First Lieutanant SoccerDJ taking on the defense of State Farm 79 for the Facist Invaders... WILL General Balck's armored flanking fuming fanatical facist forces reach State Farm...