Recent content by 06 Maestro

1. 0

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

There certainly would have been a response to a more rapid rearming by Germany. The question is “how much for the Allies†The Soviets were already the # 1 arms producer, but could have done even more. The western Allies would have increased also. Germany’s equipment production had the...
  2. 0

EA with Ravenstrike 2.0

REV To get information on a scenario just go to the WARS ladder. Game reports should show you what you are looking for-if not, just find a player on the ladder that has played EA (by clicking on his name,when you see that the game was played by him, just click on the game name and it'll...
  3. 0

TOAW Tactics and Strategy: An In-depth Look at Europe Aflame

Taking Narvik quickly is certainly desirable. In my first and only game of EA I took Oslo on the intial attack (turn 41), but could not take Narvick until turn 67. The only consolation was watching the British units wither away while trapped in the mountains-I could have ended their suffering...
  4. 0

TOAW Tactics and Strategy: An In-depth Look at Europe Aflame

Regarding your airborne attack on Narviks airfield; where were the para's based? Do you use the optional rule about a range for airborne operations?
  5. 0

Suggestions For Update

I hope that the increase occurs in August or September rather than April. The early inrease would really hurt my perfect plan.
  6. 0

Suggestions For Update

Regarding Axis supply in N. Africa; it seems tough enough as it is. I used two supply units in Egypt and was still a bad supply situation at the front. It took me about 30 turns to get from Matrula to the outskirts of Alexandria-this with overwhelming power, but half or more resting at any...
  7. 0

Suggestions For Update

Yea, I got an idea-take them out of the game or at least seperate them from single seat fighters. The Do 217 J/N has a range three times that of FW 190's or Me 109's which is not a very good mix. I am aware of only one such air unit at this time, but it's one that I can't fully utilize.
  8. 0

Suggestions For Update

Some limitations on German deployment to N. Africa due to Malta's status is reasonable, but should be superceeded by an Axis capture of Gibraltar. Speaking of Gibraltatr; what about the Axis sea movement rate. In my curent game I am due to have Axis sea movement reduced to 1000, even though...
  9. 0

Suggestions For Update

Mark I do appreciate this scenario-there are plenty of options,command decisions to be made and some operational leasons to be had. It just appears to me that the Axis side (if able to take the oil fields) is given resouces which make the contest a little one sided. The developement of...
  10. 0

My Europe Aflame AXIS

I’ll share my great plan with all. First of all, it’s not really my plan-Grand Admiral Reader gets that credit. Second of all, my first attempt at it is only half way through-it looks very good so far, but a long way from the end. The general idea of this approach is to keep the focus...
  11. 0

Suggestions For Update

I have a few suggestions that would make this game a little more realistic and playable. I have found that several air units (Axis) are difficult to safely deploy on any mission because of the great difference in assigned aircraft ranges. There are also some major inaccuracies in dates of...
  12. 0

Air Unit in limbo!!!

But they are "late" models, and they carry hand grenades-you are doomed. Bagdad, here I come. Turn this evening.
  13. 0

Air Unit in limbo!!!

I have a couple of Iraqi air units that were driven from their airbase. The Iraqi rebellion was turned to dust about 15 turns ago, but the air units do not disband-they are alive and well in Bulgaria on "rest" mission. I now have nationalist Arab units that may work well with these two air...
  14. 0

Russian DOW

My MP's and security divisions would have made a good show of it, but now they will have to wait for help. Don't worry, your commie hoards will see some action before this is done.