Perimeter Tournament Screen Shots & Discussion

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gentlemen this is the spot to watch the battles progress. Poor Old Spike will be posting shots and/or his opponents if they wish. I am sure that there will be lively explainations about their modes of attacking and defending. I am also hoping for some clean banter lads.
ENJOY!

2054172:smoke:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Okay the format is simple - everybody plays just ONE game (against me), and whoever beats me by the biggest score wins the trophy inscribed with his name, piece o' cake..:)
I can never win it myself under any circumstances (sniffle), all I can hope for is to pick up a few ladder points.
Incidentally don't be put off by thinking I get an advantage by designing Perimeter myself, I designed my previous tourney (Trident) too and lost 20 out of the 25 games..

Perimeter begins May 1st and ends midnight June 30th (an 8-week run)
I'll do at least 2 action screenshots from every game including an endgame shot of the final front lines buckling and heaving..

Contact me if you're interested in signing up and i'll send you the map to examine in the editor, then if you decide to play, choose your side and either set it up yourself and send me 001, or i'll set it up if you prefer.
Also choose before the start whether you want games to count for the ladder.

pooroldspike@aol.com

THE PARAMETERS (cmbb), it's a QB, so buy whatever 'tools' you like to do the job..

THE FIELD (I've enlarged the flags in the pics for clarity, 1 large on the airfield, 8 small around the perimeter for a total of 1100 points)
The Russians start anywhere in the surrounding red zone.
The Germans set up anywhere in the green perimeter zone, not knowing from which directions the Russkis will be coming.
There's also a small green German zone containing the central airfield buildings

OBLIQUE VIEW

Perimeter is of course just a semi-fictional miniature version of many real-life pockets such as this one

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
VALLEY SECTOR

MARSHES SECTOR

COASTAL VILLAGE SECTOR (the sea is all fords, no boats needed)

FOREST SECTOR

SAILING CLUB SECTOR

HILLS SECTOR (your contour colours no doubt look better than my home-made mod)

RAILSTATION SECTOR

ACADEMY SECTOR (plenty of fords)

AIRFIELD SECTOR

PS - I made some last-minute map tweaks after the above shots were taken, so don't be concerned if the final map looks slightly different, everybody gets the exact same map as everybody else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
THE COMBATANTS

Okay the following doods have signed up so far and should all now have a copy of the map in their hands, begin whenever you like, plenty of time til the June 30th finish..:)

"I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start!" - Henry V

"Let slip the dogs of war" - J.Caesar

In alphabetical order-
(i'll edit new names in as they arrive, and will also add a note of which side they chose as soon as I know; you can still change your minds about which side you prefer right up til the time the first file is sent)

2054172 (Ger)
Airborne Bob (Ger)
Andre (Ger)
Bert Blitzkrieg (Russ)
CMant (Russ)
Combat Wombat (Ger)
Der Kuenstler (Ger)
ER Chaser (Ger)
GAZNZ (Ger)
Guderian (Ger)
Herrbixx (Ger)
Huzaar (Ger)
Mangus2000 (Russ)
Michael Dorosh (Russ)
Mt. Carmel Hill (Ger)
Mugger2006 (Ger)
Odies (Russ)
Okimaw (Russ)
Proniakin (Russ)
Red Devil (Ger)
RNL Tiger (Ger)
Seel (Ger)
Stndrtnfhr (Russ)
Tripps (Ger)
Waleed (Ger)
Willard (Russ)

(9 have chosen to be Russian, and 17 chose German)

(If anybody else wants to sign up, let me know)
pooroldspike@aol.com

Last edited:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nah...you wish Numbers:p

Nah my turns are slow as it is right now and school is heating up so I can't beat ya right now:nuts:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nah...you wish Numbers:p

Nah my turns are slow as it is right now and school is heating up so I can't beat ya right now:nuts:
Your turns are slow these days? I thought 2 files a week was your regular max, or is that just when you play me? :bite::freak::blab:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You have to remember POS that he is a yank......they don't battle unless the 7th fleet and half the world is sending troops. LOL:laugh:
Absolutely..
Incidentally it's interesting to see not only who's entered, but who hasn't entered.
I mean, the tourney's open to every CM club on the planet but a lot are shying away, I don't know if it's the map they're scared of, or me..;)

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Absolutely..
Incidentally it's interesting to see not only who's entered, but who hasn't entered.
I mean, the tourney's open to every CM club on the planet but a lot are shying away, I don't know if it's the map they're scared of, or me..;)

POS your always scarey!:laugh::laugh:

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Absolutely..

Pah! Those credentials dont scare anyone, no one can rest on their merits!

Incedentally I have put a post up at WaW about your tourney, hopefully it can get more guys interested. Maybe someone should put one up at the Blitz too, didnt you get a decent turn out from there in the past?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pah! Those credentials dont scare anyone..
Then prove it by signing up along with your WaW mates..:)
Same goes for all other clubs, clans, cults and sects, just sign up and show an amazed world what you got, old POS'll take on every manjack of you, you play just ONE game remember,and whoever delivers the hardest knockout blow to my manly chin gets the silver cup..:)

PS - the cameras are ready to roll..

Last edited:

Andre

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
POS tourneys are always a great entertainment and yes, of course count me in :nuts:

Andre

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
POS tourneys are always a great entertainment and yes, of course count me in :nuts:
Andre
Okay mate i've sent you the map, pick your side..:)

PS, so far people prefer the Russians, perhaps they don't like these babies-