Master of the Snow Tournament

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Taking sign ups for this winter wonderland massacre. Consisting of three battles all in extreme winter conditions...Kind of what I am living in.....
One battle is and Assault, one a Defence and One is a meeting engagement.:OHNO:

This is not for the faint of heart or slow of returns.....Must be finished by April 1, 2008. A/D games could me mirrored and this would speed things up. See under tournaments some limited parameters with more to come.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
good lads that is four counting myself...a few more would be excellent.:devious:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It was -43c here last night. I suppose if anyone should be up for extreme weather scenarios that would be me :nuts:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Keep on coming guys there is lots of room. Hey look at the tournament page it has some more up to date notes.....still fine tuning. Open for ideas and input.:smoke: Wondering if it has to be the same opponent each time? :smoke:

Reaction score
Keep on coming guys there is lots of room. Hey look at the tournament page it has some more up to date notes.....still fine tuning. Open for ideas and input.:smoke: Wondering if it has to be the same opponent each time? :smoke:
All I am seeing is the listing, but no details. Am I loooking in the right place: Ladders > Tournaments > CM?

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
All I am seeing is the listing, but no details. Am I loooking in the right place: Ladders > Tournaments > CM?
Quick battles but hey i will copy and paste them here.:crosseye:

This snow bound tournament consists of series of battles all taking place in the winter time. These battle are to be generated by the CM engine with the following parameters in place. They may be played by players in any order they wish, but all must be completed to recieve the final prize,[to be announced at a later date] and the honour of being know as the "King of Snowmen". The battles are to be short, having the individual untilize his troops in winter conditions to the best of his ability. The total points will detemine the winner....NOT the % percent win or lost of a game! There will be no draws using this method, or very unlikely chance of one. The armies picked will be between both players, hopefully coming to an agreement, and getting their favourite one to utilize. CMAK or CMBB either maybe used as long as all agree to the type to be played. I will make rulings if there is any lack of agreement.[I am sure this will not happen] Once you pick an army it may be change in between battles.
BATTLE # 1: Assault in the snow Parameters...Dec. 1944, Combined Arms with a Unrestricted Nationality, Medium Quality and Fit men having No Casualties. Full Ammo, a 1000 point game on a Medium map, with No Handicap or Rarity. The Time is Dawn, on a Frozen Snowy and Windy climate. 22+ turns with a Village Map, Moderate Trees and Hills and NO Damage. Fog of War on Full.
BATTLE #2: Defence in the snow Parameters... same as above. Can be a mirrored game if you wish. Or played with differnt armies.
BATTLE # 3: Meeting in the snow Parameters.. same as bove except for Unrestricted Quality, January 1944, 2000 points, Midday, Extreme cold, Blizzard and Strong Wind, Rural Map.

Hopethis is helpful...questions anyone?:smoke:

JoeBob

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am interested, but wanted to clarify. Are all 3 battles to be completed by 4/1/08? depending on the size of the battles, that could be quite an undertaking... :surprise:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am interested, but wanted to clarify. Are all 3 battles to be completed by 4/1/08? depending on the size of the battles, that could be quite an undertaking... :surprise:
Yes if at all possible...the a/d battles would be small say 24 turns at the outside. The ME could go 28 turns. Well I may be pushing it a bit but after the last tournies that went way to long i want a tight ship this time. :smoke:

Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Yes if at all possible...the a/d battles would be small say 24 turns at the outside. The ME could go 28 turns. Well I may be pushing it a bit but after the last tournies that went way to long i want a tight ship this time. :smoke:
Definitely have a strictly enforced deadline for completion - the previous tournaments were way too generous in that respect, which just led to things getting drawn out and eventually losing focus...:stop:

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So after reading this are you in?