Wii availability for Christmas

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
They are hard to find. If you see one buy it.
Already did. They are hard to find but Gamestop and Nintendo have announced a new program where anyone who wants a Wii will get one in January provided they sign up for a rain check.

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Already did. They are hard to find but Gamestop and Nintendo have announced a new program where anyone who wants a Wii will get one in January provided they sign up for a rain check.
My wife lucked into one for my daughter. She happened to be in the local Wal-Mart when they got their 1 unit for November. They got 2 for December. Granted it is not the biggest Wal-Mart and I live in a smallish town but 3 units for the entire Christmas season !!!

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should be able to find one now without much difficulty.
Sometimes our local stores still run out. The challenge now is getting the Wii Fit! My wife finally got on last Sunday by being at Target at 8 am. She arrived at 8:02 and folks were already walking out with 2 or 3 (off to eBay they go). The store was setup like Christmas time with extra staff in electronics to handle the Sunday morning Wii Fit rush.

I did manage to purchase a Wii for Christmas. For my first attempt, I arrived at Toy R Us @ 5:30 am. After waiting until 8, I ended up being behind the last person to get one! Big bummer in 35 degree temperature. Two Sundays later, I arrived at the same store at 5 am, but the number of people in line accounted for all the available Wii's. Off to Target, where after standing in a semi-freezing rain for two hours, I went home with a Wii.

So far, great family fun! My wife and I really enjoying playing together with it after the kids go to bed and even the three year old can do some of the games.